Womens Euros

Guest Theboylangers
1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Captain Edgy here to tell us about something he isn't interested in, by reading the site, looking for a thread about the women's football, then clicking into the thread about womens football, then reading the thread about women's football, then scrolling down to the bottom and posting about womens football, then is now reading the replies in the thread about womens football to see if his post about not liking womens football has got him some attention

Not being edgy at all. 

This is a Wednesday site last time I checked in so why is there a thread to do with the Euros on the Matchday section? 

I thought Matchday was to talk about about Wednesday? 

Unless you've changed the rules of course. 

1 hour ago, Theboylangers said:

Not being edgy at all. 

This is a Wednesday site last time I checked in so why is there a thread to do with the Euros on the Matchday section? 

I thought Matchday was to talk about about Wednesday? 

Unless you've changed the rules of course. 

We have threads on every England game that plays here in the matchday section as you well know as you've contributed in them.

Anyway..

There are these things called 'thread titles' 

They're there to indicate which threads you might be interested in

Pro Tip - click on the ones you're interested in

ps never seen you complain once about the mens england team threads we have in matchday every time the mens England team play - funny that innit. Why is that?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Theboylangers
Just now, @owlstalk said:

There are these things called 'thread titles' 

They're there to indicate which threads you might be interested in

Pro Tip - click on the ones you're interested in

Pro Tip - only allow Wednesday related chat in the Sheffield Wednesday matchday section. 

There are plenty of other places that this thread could and should be moved to. 

22 minutes ago, Theboylangers said:

Pro Tip - only allow Wednesday related chat in the Sheffield Wednesday matchday section. 

There are plenty of other places that this thread could and should be moved to. 

Sit this thread out (that you say you're not interested in) 

Ta

Nearly 4000 threads about Sheffield Wednesday to read in this section
Over 4.5 million posts in this section for you to read

And yet you pile into one single solitary thread about the womens game to rant on that we shouldn't be discussing it - I think that's just a little sad.

ps never seen you complain once about the mens england team threads we have in matchday every time the mens England team play - funny that innit. Why is that?

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Theboylangers
Just now, @owlstalk said:

Sit this thread out (that you say you're not interested in) 

Ta

ps never seen you complain once about the mens england team threads we have in matchday every time the mens England team play - funny that innit

You're wrong. 

Try putting it in the right section. 

The one entitled 'General Football Chat'. 

Where it belongs and should eventually end up. 

Nothing to do with men's or women's international football, I don't care much for either really. 

I'm quite happy to search back and find all non related Wednesday matchday threads that have been moved to their correct home. 

But I'm sure that you'll try and come back and defend why a non Sheffield Wednesday thread is being allowed in the SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY MATCHDAY section. 

Nothing threatens some blokes more than women having a few games of football

I find that sad that people can feel so threatened by something so normal

If you're one of those blokes have a word with yourself eh?

Also note that I'm not gonna be allowing this thread to be used by blokes to bash the womens game (no matter how you try to try and disguise your attempts).

If there are any blokes upset by a thread about womens football then please move on as I'm not gonna tolerate any more attempts to derail it 

Ta

Apologies to all for TheBoyLangers (predictably) making a total mess of this thread with his nonsense. Usually I delete crap like that to keep threads tidy but thought I'd leave it this time so you can see the absolute nonsense we have to deal with from time to time.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Owlstalk Shop

Well done England! Rode our luck early on and won emphatically in the end. 

Yes, the Swedish keeper has a shocker but our keeper made some great saves and she's a woman too. 

I really enjoy the lack of sh*thousery which spoils the men's game.... From Wycombe Wanderers to Athletico Madrid. 

Who do we want in the final? 

• Like 5

Like a few people have said on here, it's not for me. Not yet anyway. The technical aspect of the game is, currently, a long way short of anything I'm used to watching and that's one of the things I personally like. That said, I've watched the highlights, and that first goal is class. A drilled cross, great touch by Mead to kill the ball and a superb volley to finish.

Will I watch the final? No, but only because I am away Sunday/Monday for a 100th birthday party otherwise I would have I think. After that though, I wouldn't be bothered watching another match as things stand, for the same reasons as I'm not bothered about watching the MLS,  A-League or the Chinese Super League; It's just not something that interests me.

I'm all for women playing the game however. If they can continue with the progress, and get more younger girls interested in the sport in primary and secondary schools, then the future of the womens game will flourish.

To reach the final of any competition however, is something that should be recognised and congratulated. Well done the Lionesses. Good luck for the final.

• Like 2

The sheer number of blokes talking about how the womens game should be for THEM instead of just wishing the ladies well in the final is so sad to see and is very telling.

Maybe the world does have a long way to go eh

Meanwhile the lionesses are in the finals, crowds are growing beyond belief and girls and women are absolutely loving it and getting involved 

Success 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Owlstalk Shop

What a win that was yesterday and more to the point what a performance 2nd half. Refreshing to watch a game that didn't have loads if stoppages for time wasting, nobody diving and rolling around on the floor holding their faces either.

No point comparing men's and women's technical ability, just enjoy it for what it is, and that was a sporting performance of the highest level.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, TouchIsGolden said:

Refreshing to watch a game that didn't have loads if stoppages for time wasting, nobody diving and rolling around on the floor holding their faces either. 

Agreed

If the mens game was like that it would be infinitely more enjoyable

• Like 3

Owlstalk Shop