Womens Euros

4 minutes ago, Asio otus said:

Probably could beat a few mens teams too. Technical ability is on a par.

I've enjoyed it. Not compared it to the mens game, I think that's why. Only mens teams they'd beat though is pub sides. It's not worth comparing, enjoy for what it is. 

41 minutes ago, alanharper said:

I haven't watched a single minute of the women's games, I'm just not interested.

And yes I've opened a thread called "women's euros" just to make that comment. 

Same here. I will follow the results after the fact and see how they are getting on but I just can't watch the games. 

• Like 2

Been tonight and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Some of the performances were outstanding and the commitment and desire was something to admire in what ever form of sport you are watching.

I can see the bits that don’t match up to the mens game but there is a hell

of a lot that is just as good and dare I say it, better.

I’d get behind England in a game of tiddle winks, will certainly be backing them on Sunday 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, mrgund said:

Same here. I will follow the results after the fact and see how they are getting on but I just can't watch the games. 

Why not? Give it a chance. I’ve been pleasantly surprised by the quality of the matches and it is very watchable

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Asio otus said:

Probably could beat a few mens teams too. Technical ability is on a par.

They wouldn't beat a decent men's pub team. 

Whichever pub team that topped the Sheffield league would beat them by 3 clear goals.

Nice that they are doing well though I'll be cheering them on in the finals. That's if there's nowt on the other side 

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, lanzaroteowl said:

They wouldn't beat a decent men's pub team. 

Whichever pub team that topped the Sheffield league would beat them by 3 clear goals.

Nice that they are doing well though I'll be cheering them on in the finals. That's if there's nowt on the other side 

One thing about the women's football being on that irritates me is the amount of disingenuous comments that are made. Accept it for what it is, we don't need to treat them like children. 

Twitter is calling for Southgate to be replaced by the women's coach ffs. I'm not a Southgate fan, but come on. 

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, Sykes said:

Twitter is calling for Southgate to be replaced by the women's coach ffs. I'm not a Southgate fan, but come on. 

At least wait to see how they do in the final! :ph34r:

I watched most of the game last night its the first time i can recall watching women's football.

I enjoyed the game and will try to watch the game on Sunday.

Because of the lack of physicality It reminds me of watching good quality academy football.

Good luck to the girls on Sunday

Best thing about the game was when we scored before half time the team then came out attacking instead of the Southgate policy of sitting back on a lead in a big game. She even took off the main striker and changed big name players which the mens team would never do. 

• Like 2

Guest Theboylangers

Lionesses 🤮.

I decided to watch some paint dry tonight instead. 

It's not for me.

Sorry if that upsets anyone. 

1 hour ago, Theboylangers said:

Lionesses 🤮.

It's not for me.

Captain Edgy here to tell us about something he isn't interested in, by reading the site, looking for a thread about the women's football, then clicking into the thread about womens football, then reading the thread about women's football, then scrolling down to the bottom and posting about womens football 

And then is now (I guarantee this is happening - we will see) reading the replies in the thread about womens football to see if his post about not liking womens football has got him some attention

Tenner says he keeps posting in this thread too to make it all about HIM instead of the women playing the football

Gut feeling...

Let's see how the thread plays out.

I'll leave his replies in the thread so you can see how he does..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Owlstalk Shop

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

The best legacy these Euros could leave though is that men finally, once and for all, just SHUT UP slating Women's football and grow up.

1 hour ago, Theboylangers said:

Lionesses 🤮.

It's not for me.

Sad that there's always one innit

• Like 4

Owlstalk Shop