Through gritted teeth

10 hours ago, SiJ said:

The Rotherham stadium is sh*te. 

You make them sound like they're the Allianz arena or something. 

I disagree on Rotherham, great little ground, i sat in all four stands and had a fantastic view for them all... Loads of leg room, decent facilities, etc... 

It strikes me as a very poor atmosphere in there though, any noise just seems to escape unheard, which i guess isn't really that noticeable for a neutral Women's Euros game but could be a bit of a downfall for the cut and thrust of League football.

I think it's a stadium for Rotherham to be relatively proud of, lord knows the rest of the town centre isn't anything to write home about.

Bramall Lane has received millions of pounds of investment that has touched literally every area of the ground over the last 10-15 years. 

It f*cking SHOULD be a tidier and more modern stadium that's further up the pecking order for international games than a ground that nobody has done anything with since 1996. That it still isn't bigger and still isn't clearly ahead of Hillsborough is honestly a bit of a waste. For all the money spent, it's still a brutalist concrete shell covered in cheap cladding with a dilapidated hotel stuck to it.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Binky Griptite said:

I disagree on Rotherham, great little ground, i sat in all four stands and had a fantastic view for them all... Loads of leg room, decent facilities, etc... 

How on earth did you fit through the turnstiles..?

1 hour ago, sheffield_dave said:

Bramall Lane has received millions of pounds of investment that has touched literally every area of the ground over the last 10-15 years. 

It f*cking SHOULD be a tidier and more modern stadium that's further up the pecking order for international games than a ground that nobody has done anything with since 1996. That it still isn't bigger and still isn't clearly ahead of Hillsborough is honestly a bit of a waste. For all the money spent, it's still a brutalist concrete shell covered in cheap cladding with a dilapidated hotel stuck to it.

A few mill won't get very far nowadays. 

15 hours ago, Binky Griptite said:

It strikes me as a very poor atmosphere in there though, any noise just seems to escape unheard, which i guess isn't really that noticeable for a neutral Women's Euros game but could be a bit of a downfall for the cut and thrust of League football.

I think it's a stadium for Rotherham to be relatively proud of, lord knows the rest of the town centre isn't anything to write home about.

I went to Rotherham in our ill fated collapse there (0-3 up after 80 odd minutes and drew 3-3), I agree with the atmosphere being a bit off, we sort of gave up with chanting because it seemed to be quiet no matter how hard we tried 

Wassall heard the seething when he tried to applaud us at full time though WTF:

14 hours ago, sheffield_dave said:

Get ready mate. Mcsue will be after you 🤣

On 27/07/2022 at 08:08, Nero said:

In two photos why the Stain will never match Hillsborough 

Screenshot_20220726-230009_Google.jpg.9c0004218f544fee396f255ffc772ccc.jpgScreenshot_20220727-080036_Google.thumb.jpg.c7cd827577d2b5d068c3397b217e278e.jpg

In every part of both grounds Hillsborough is a properly designed and aesthetically thought out stadium. 

Bramall Lane is a complete fkin eyesore, architecturally and free from any kind of design code. They throw everything at it without having a clue what they are doing.

The whole effort in the ground is a mess of clashing colours, fonts, materials and incoherent architectural styles.

It really is a Pig in Lipstick 

Can you find a photo without the Premier League flag 😬

Don’t get me wrong, Hillsborough needs a facelift and modernisation, but when you compare both stadia, and consider the amount that they have spent recently, there’s not that much in it. 

Their fans have just peddled this myth about a ‘rust bucket’ and it’s just one of those statements that they say for long enough they start believing as fact, and eventually so do our own.