Sow has left - on a free transfer

3 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

The weaker squad than last season gets weaker.

For a season starting soon, yet again we go into it lacking pace and goal threat.

Pull your finger out Chancer.

I’m still absolutely lost as to why people genuinely think our squads weaker !   Is it because Hutchinson left ? Is that why dummy’s have been spat ? 

2 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

I’m still absolutely lost as to why people genuinely think our squads weaker !   Is it because Hutchinson left ? Is that why dummy’s have been spat ? 

Losing Luongo, Mendz Laing, and Hutch playing at their above average have not been replaced not even come close.  Still have my dummy in my mouth but think its worthy of debate. 

• Thanks 3

3 hours ago, malek said:

As expected. So, wouldn't it make more sense if We took Bailey Cadamarteri to Portugal and gave him bit of playing time instead of Sow ?!

i think cadmarteri went on the 5 day training camp to york with the academy which makes sense as thats who he'll be playing for this season ....it would be asking a lot of a 17 year old to do 2 intensive training camps back to back .....

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

The weaker squad than last season gets weaker.

For a season starting soon, yet again we go into it lacking pace and goal threat.

Pull your finger out Chancer.

It was not Chaucer but Byron who wrote:

You can not make a silky Hirst out of a Sow's year

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Just now, Inspector Lestrade said:

Losing Luongo, Mendz Laing, and Hutch playing at their above average have not been replaced not even come close.  Still have my dummy in my mouth but think its worthy of debate. 

Luongo was terrible mate towards the end of the season, you really wanted to build a squad next season around him ? The fella can’t play week in week out , his injury record is abysmal , Vaulks can play his role and is an outstanding signing for this league 

Mendez Laing was a great outlet when he was interested, his performance overall was average at best while he was here , he’s not been replaced yet but I’m sure we will fetch a winger in before the window shuts , also didn’t exactly fit into this system we play so not too sure where ur starting him ? Terrible Wing back imo 

Hutchinson was a solid centre half, we’ve fetched in Ihiekwe who made team of the season last year ? You genuinely don’t think that’s a replacement ?  Heneghan has looked strong overall in pre season , optimistic Sam has been replaced 

Just now, Royal_D said:

Luongo was terrible mate towards the end of the season, you really wanted to build a squad next season around him ? The fella can’t play week in week out , his injury record is abysmal , Vaulks can play his role and is an outstanding signing for this league 

Mendez Laing was a great outlet when he was interested, his performance overall was average at best while he was here , he’s not been replaced yet but I’m sure we will fetch a winger in before the window shuts , also didn’t exactly fit into this system we play so not too sure where ur starting him ? Terrible Wing back imo 

Hutchinson was a solid centre half, we’ve fetched in Ihiekwe who made team of the season last year ? You genuinely don’t think that’s a replacement ?  Heneghan has looked strong overall in pre season , optimistic Sam has been replaced 

I have no problem with them leaving, its that we haven't replaced them with better despite your pleas and the lack of pace all over the field is worrying.  We have lost two ball winning players and lost two players who took the game to the opposition.   Vaulks sounds promising but reading the Cardiff Forum they weren't exactly up in arms about him leaving.

Just now, Inspector Lestrade said:

I have no problem with them leaving, its that we haven't replaced them with better despite your pleas and the lack of pace all over the field is worrying.  We have lost two ball winning players and lost two players who took the game to the opposition.   Vaulks sounds promising but reading the Cardiff Forum they weren't exactly up in arms about him leaving.

Vaulks is an excellent player,  what have you seen of him that makes you think he’s a worse player than Luongo ? 

2 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Vaulks is an excellent player,  what have you seen of him that makes you think he’s a worse player than Luongo ? 

I didn't say he was a worse player if he brings the same energy and power to the midfield then fair enough but from what I have seen of him he is not a better ball winner and doesn't have the same drive going forward with the ball.  Happy if he turns out to better.  

• Like 1

Honestly didn't think he was as bad as some made out. He never really got a proper run of games, so we never really saw what he had to offer.

I

guess if Moore has let him walk on a free it speaks volumes though, clearly believes he didn't have what it takes. 

Anyway, all the best to the lad. Hope he has more success at his new club. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Luongo was terrible mate towards the end of the season, you really wanted to build a squad next season around him? 

There's a big difference between saying we should've kept them and saying we failed to replace them.

A good example was the loss of Loovens. It was evident he needed to move on, but it was also evident we failed to replace what he brought to the table.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bobness said:

There's a big difference between saying we should've kept them and saying we failed to replace them.

A good example was the loss of Loovens. It was evident he needed to move on, but it was also evident we failed to replace what he brought to the table.

Bakinson has great potential, Vaulks I’ve seen lots of and think he’s a fantastic addition

I believe we’ve replaced Luongo 

55 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Tbf to Mass, I think he was running a bit on fumes (like a few others) towards the back end of the season. We didn't really have the players to rotate that midfield and it showed in the play offs. 

Still - people writing off new signings as inferior to those who have gone is really odd. 

• Like 2