Jump to content

France v netherlands


Recommended Posts

I was confused as I didn't realise they were playing an International, turns out it's a Womens game so in answer to the question, none of them would, they wouldn't get in our under 18's team.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, agentwalker said:

couple look like they might be half decent manning the Bovril and pie line at half time.

 

Think they make far more money being professional footballers mate.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, devonshire owl said:

Watching this game,how many would get in our team.netherlands defender looks good.

There’s a rerun of Classic Who Wants to be a Millionaire on if you want summat decent to watch Dev. 
 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, agentwalker said:

"owlstalk the place where humorless people hang out on a saturday night" 

 

That genuinely made me lol - fair play.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, devonshire owl said:

Watching this game,how many would get in our team.netherlands defender looks good.

None of the players on show would get in our team...strange post

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just no point comparing it to the mens pro game

 

Honest responses get sneered at - or people sneer at the inferior quality of the womens game

 

Enjoy it for what it is

 

I never see in sports like tennis when a women wins her slam to be immediately inundated with "yeah but she'd get mullered against Rafa..."

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Let the woman's game develop.  When we look back at early footage of the mens game it's shocking compared to now. 

The women's game has come along way and there are some proper solid footballers in the women's game. Also the keepers have cine on great. Just look at the Dutch keeper tonight. She is amazing, solid and composed. 

We should not be laughing at a game that's still developing. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, kilnhurstowl said:

Let the woman's game develop.  When we look back at early footage of the mens game it's shocking compared to now. 

The women's game has come along way and there are some proper solid footballers in the women's game. Also the keepers have cine on great. Just look at the Dutch keeper tonight. She is amazing, solid and composed. 

We should not be laughing at a game that's still developing. 

 

The Dutch back up keeper, 21 years old and making her debut in a major tournament

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Binky Griptite said:

 

The Dutch back up keeper, 21 years old and making her debut in a major tournament

Yea, she is incredible. So composed and has that quality that a keeper needs in looking solid and confident in the area. Must give her defence great confidence 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Agree with scram. He used to think in. I have the same way as a lot of responses, i.e. comparing the women’s game and the men’s but he has changed his stance and educated himself.

 

a lot could do with taking a leaf out of his book and following his lead 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...