Maguire getting booed by Man U fans again

As per the title. He was booed every time he touched the ball in a game a few days ago. Booed again when his name was announced pre-game.

Time at Man U must be over soon?

2 hours ago, darra said:

As per the title. He was booed every time he touched the ball in a game a few days ago. Booed again when his name was announced pre-game.

Time at Man U must be over soon?

Pathetic, really is......he's not even the worst player.

Nice to see thier reaction if he'd scored.

• Like 2

Maguire isn’t elite level, and he’s low on confidence. 

However, Eric Bailly has been injured a lot, Varane hasn’t pulled up any trees despite his pedigree and Man U fans all moaned about Lindelof being too weak. 

So who is actually up to it. 

1 hour ago, Utah Owl said:

Isn't that about 99.9% of them?

Tbf I think the fans at Old Trafford have generally been very supportive. Plastic fans attending these matches who only follow the club because they think it should win every trophy evidently don’t have that same concept.

• Like 2

Obviously it's now the fashionable thing to be doing as a Utd fan, right now.

Interesting debate on it, on the radio on the way home. Apparently he played quite well.

Let's be honest our fanbase is no different.

29 minutes ago, owls maniac said:

Tbf I think the fans at Old Trafford have generally been very supportive. Plastic fans attending these matches who only follow the club because they think it should win every trophy evidently don’t have that same concept.

The Leeds fans in Brisbane, were very easy targets recently for me 😂😂.

Zero understanding of the word plastic either. 😂😂😂😂😂

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Maddogbob said:

The Leeds fans in Brisbane, were very easy targets recently for me 😂😂.

Zero understanding of the word plastic either. 😂😂😂😂😂

Leeds are infinitely massive you can't get bigger than that..but we know they are infinitely shithouses and best thing out of Leeds is rd to Sheffield. 

14 hours ago, owls maniac said:

Problem for them is they have millions of plastic fans dwarfing the proper fans.

And they shout the loudest on social media etc.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, owls maniac said:

For obvious reasons, they are the extreme of the big club mentality.

Two full generations of fans who know nothing but success because they only chose the team because of that success.

Now when they face normal football, they can't cope with it.

"Waaah, waaaah we only finished 7th in the Premier League". Fans of 98% of clubs would give their right arms to finishe 7th in the PL.

There seems to be three sorts of fans when it comes to picking a club:

Those who follow their parents to games at a young age.

Those who are strong willed enough to migrate to their local club regardless of success, or contrarian enough to pick a random unsuccessful club.

Those who just pick a team because they are successful.

The last group is by far the majority and the proliferation of televised football, where the successful teams get shown more, certainly doesn't help.

• Like 4

I genuinely feel for United’s core, actual support - a group who I think are as good as anyone else in the country and would be regardless of United’s success. 

Booing Maguire on these foreign tours hasn’t gone down well amongst United’s proper support, but what can they do? Same with the protests isn’t it. There’s always some wally with a club shop carrier bag waiting to replace anyone who boycotts. 

The online fan presence for these clubs is just a tidal wave of stupidity and that’s what the “fans” on these tours, and I guess even at OT now to an extent, are lead by.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sheffield_dave said:

I genuinely feel for United’s core, actual support - a group who I think are as good as anyone else in the country and would be regardless of United’s success. 

Booing Maguire on these foreign tours hasn’t gone down well amongst United’s proper support, but what can they do? Same with the protests isn’t it. There’s always some wally with a club shop carrier bag waiting to replace anyone who boycotts. 

The online fan presence for these clubs is just a tidal wave of stupidity and that’s what the “fans” on these tours, and I guess even at OT now to an extent, are lead by.

Fueled by the Mark Goldbrige's of this world. 

For England he's always looked better than I thought he was.

Same with Stones, both of them did well for us in the Euro's. But let's be honest, neither of them are world class and the Defence is our weakest position at the moment.

He has been used as a scapegoat no only on the level of football fans but the media and social media too, it's horrific. Defenders make mistakes every single game, but Harry's gets highlighted constantly. He is no where near as bad as they make out.

Opposition teams walked straight up the pitch against mAn u last season so it’s hardly surprising the centre backs had tough years , given no one ahead of them did any closing or tackling.  Stick proper players in front of him and he will go back to being a decent player.  

21 hours ago, Skyline said:

For England he's always looked better than I thought he was.

Same with Stones, both of them did well for us in the Euro's. But let's be honest, neither of them are world class and the Defence is our weakest position at the moment.

He has been used as a scapegoat no only on the level of football fans but the media and social media too, it's horrific. Defenders make mistakes every single game, but Harry's gets highlighted constantly. He is no where near as bad as they make out.

Totally agree.

I think that Maguire has being helped in an England shirt by having sold defensive midfielders in front of him. He knows where they are going to be and what they are going to do. At Man U, he has a midfield that basically seems to do what it fancies, when it fancies.