Barcelona Spending Explained

12 minutes ago, Skyline said:

Apparently they have yet to register Kounde, Lewandovski and Raphina.

They can't register them until they lower their wage budget.

By failing to do so, they can't play any of these players and may be forced to sell them... What a complete shambles.

Imagine having that conversation with your new signing.

"Cheers for joining lads, cant play you for a bit, but don't worry I'm sure you will get your wages."

Having joined the club, you'd be furious, I'd imagine.

Frenkie De Jong now getting abused for not taking a pay cut.

If I was him I would take the cut, which would put him back on his original contract from Ajax - far from a paupers deal. 

He really wants to play for Barcelona, and certainly doesn't want to go to the basket case that is Manchester United - even with his old boss there. 

So far Barca may have to register players on a rota basis. 

Raphina

Christiansen

Kessie

Lewandowski

Kounde

They cannot register all five of them. 

4 minutes ago, Bannofan said:

Frenkie De Jong now getting abused for not taking a pay cut.

If I was him I would take the cut, which would put him back on his original contract from Ajax - far from a paupers deal. 

He really wants to play for Barcelona, and certainly doesn't want to go to the basket case that is Manchester United - even with his old boss there. 

So far Barca may have to register players on a rota basis. 

Raphina

Christiansen

Kessie

Lewandowski

Kounde

They cannot register all five of them. 

It's getting messy. Read an article that Barca will threaten legal action as there's something in the new contract that contains "criminality".

The whole situation is bonkers and Barca seem to just be getting away with it. 

I like Barca, or did anyway. They seemed to be the "proper" club.

No sponsor

Unicef sponsor for free

Promoted youth. Signed and played youth etc etc

But these past few years they have become a complete basket case. Could take a while to sort it all out too. 

Does anyone believe the thing about criminality with respect to De Jong's contract renewal. 

Sounds like utter BS to me, tantamount to extortion on Barca's part. 

They're an absolute disgrace of a football club. 

And to think the President of La Liga was sat there a few months ago complaining about how PSG, CIty were ruining football and spending well beyond their means. 

Don't get me wrong, there is much to dislike about PSG, City etc., and what they've brought to the game, but I can't recall them behaving like this. 

The game at the very top is absolutely rotten to the core. 

• Like 1

Says a lot about the incredible allure of Barca that big names still want to sign there when you can see how the club is treating some of its current playing staff. 

The level of comfort they have in seemingly disregarding contracts and weaponising their fan base against their own players is quite something. 

• Like 2

Fabrizio Romano

“Barcelona have sold 24.5% of Barça Studios to Orpheus Media for €100m as they’re now set to activate the 4th lever. #FCB

This is Barça plan to register the new signings and then proceed with other deal as Marcos Alonso, agreed with Chelsea/player one week ago.”