NEW SIGNING FOR SWFC!!

3 hours ago, punkyhorrors said:

Joe crann said that could be a possiblity earlier in the day thatFDB could go 

Screenshot 2022-07-21 at 18.58.18.png

Really, I think he needs to move on. His best position is the furthest forward of the midfield 3 in an almost no 10 role...but that is also Bannans most effective position.

Has all the attributes to be a decent player, he just needs 2 solid seasons of being a first choice in his best position to show he can do it which he won't get here.

3 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

Just been reading the view of the local Bristol City reporter, it’s on Doms twitter. Not great reading at all. A defensive midfielder but defending is what he lacks in. Can play some nice long balls but is very slow in possession and doesn’t use his frame to his advantage enough. 

I guess its a good job we have a strong midfield then and he hopefully has time at the age of 23 to work on these areas. DM obviously sees some potential there. Seems he need a change of attitude and will need to work hard to get in the starting 11.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mike Hunt said:

It’s fvckinngg 

Byers 

Byers 

Not fvckingggg

Byres !!!!

Was there something you didn’t understand about the post or are you one of those complete tools that fully understand it but ignores it and takes to replying highlighting their superiority on English 

The only thing you achieve in doing so is making yourself look like a complete Jeb end 

get a grip, it doesn’t matter and you understand what was being said

well done you know how to spell Byers…..Tool

17 minutes ago, briggowl said:

I guess its a good job we have a strong midfield then and he hopefully has time at the age of 23 to work on these areas. DM obviously sees some potential there. Seems he need a change of attitude and will need to work hard to get in the starting 11.

Indeed and hopefully he turns out to be a Byers type signing. 

Byers was not appreciated by Pompey fans either,  yet look at the player he’s become. Fantastic.

If Bakinson is not very good defensively or lacks effort, Moore is the ideal man to rectify that.  

Pearson lost it as a credible manager a while ago in my opinion.  Let’s see what he continues to not achieve at Bristol city. 

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Last_Great_Hope said:

Really, I think he needs to move on. His best position is the furthest forward of the midfield 3 in an almost no 10 role...but that is also Bannans most effective position.

Has all the attributes to be a decent player, he just needs 2 solid seasons of being a first choice in his best position to show he can do it which he won't get here.

It would be very short sited to release a 21 year old because we currently have a 34 year who can play the same position 

surely if Bashiru is more of a number 10 in your opinion is the best option is sign him up for another 3 years and let him absorb everything he can from bannan and see if he can take bits out his game he might be able to use in his own 

personally I think he’s more of a box to box power house 

who picks the ball up from midfield and drives forward that’s his strength in my view I think the number 10 role is too advanced he’s more the Byers position in my opinion 

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, fpowl said:

It would be very short sited to release a 21 year old because we currently have a 34 year who can play the same position 

surely if Bashiru is more of a number 10 in your opinion is the best option is sign him up for another 3 years and let him absorb everything he can from bannan and see if he can take bits out his game he might be able to use in his own 

personally I think he’s more of a box to box power house 

who picks the ball up from midfield and drives forward that’s his strength in my view I think the number 10 role is too advanced he’s more the Byers position in my opinion 

This whole "learn from watching" crap is a fairy tale. Its true that some limited positive traits in a players mental state or approach to the game can be somewhat influenced by watching and training with players much better than them...but nothing, and I repeat NOTHING, beats playing first team football week in and week out.

Why do you think that so many Premier league teams loan their young players out rather than let them rot in the U23s while still training with the 1st Team? Why do so many of the clubs in La Liga and Serie A have their own wholly owned lower league clubs they can send their best young players to?

Also, I never said we should release him. If he were to leave, he would definitely cost money.

42 minutes ago, fpowl said:

Was there something you didn’t understand about the post or are you one of those complete tools that fully understand it but ignores it and takes to replying highlighting their superiority on English 

The only thing you achieve in doing so is making yourself look like a complete Jeb end 

Hey Pfolw

Spanner 

🤡

5 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

Can play some nice long balls but is very slow in possession and doesn’t use his frame to his advantage enough. 

You say he's got a zimmer frame? Now that's our kind of player. 

Edited by A47Owl

8 minutes ago, legendaryswan said:

Adenirans gunna struggle for pitch time after this signing

Even if we keep all 6 and don't move on FDB I guess the fact you can use 2 more subs each game will give more minutes to the midfield and allow us to freshen it up and mayne not lose so many last minute goals. Italys euro winning team changed the whole midfield 3 through the game against England in the final. I'd like to think we could change 2-3 players in the midfield and instead of getting weaker we'd have the same quality. I know it is hard to keep 6 happy but I guess if you were playing 2 central midfielders (in a 442 etc) you'd want 4 in your squad for competition so technically the ratio of having 2 for each position is still the same here. 

Edited by TheEnchanter

11 hours ago, fpowl said:

He also knows how to spel Bryes too..... 

9 minutes ago, legendaryswan said:

Adenirans gunna struggle for pitch time after this signing

Just the opposite I think Adenirans and FDB will have an important role to play in seeing matches out and when we are behind chasing matches and I think we'll start to see their true potential this season.