Sh*te Years Ahead

I know pre season games aren't usually a very accurate prediction of how a season will pan out but please let's hope the grunters' exploits this summer are a good indicator of what's to come.

40 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Some of the sad w@nkers were watching our game last night on the YouTube and messaging about how they are best friends. 

Wonder how their "friendship" will pan out if/when Roveram beat the pigs at Bumhole Lane

On the Sheffield Star site Hecky has admitted that the board aren't going to give him anymore financial backing. The purse strings are officially closed (were they even open?)

Can't see them finishing any higher than 10th to be honest. Defensively they should be alright but where are the goals going to come from? MGW has left and Sharp is about 52 years old and injured. Brewster is garbage and McBarndoor has got into more fights than goals he's scored

36 minutes ago, IWEDFM said:

On the Sheffield Star site Hecky has admitted that the board aren't going to give him anymore financial backing. The purse strings are officially closed (were they even open?)

Can't see them finishing any higher than 10th to be honest. Defensively they should be alright but where are the goals going to come from? MGW has left and Sharp is about 52 years old and injured. Brewster is garbage and McBarndoor has got into more fights than goals he's scored

Great point there on them being alright Defensively, The moment they have a injury meltdown in that department  like we've had in the past, then you can see them having a long hard 2022/23 season. 😉

2 hours ago, IWEDFM said:

Heckingbottom can't have been listening at his own press conference when they announced him. The board couldn't have been clearer even back then. He isn't there to spend money in the pursuit of promotion. He's there to bridge the gap between Shirecliffe and the first team and oversee the introduction of talent they can sell. He's there to make United money. 

Annoyingly with this being United, I actually think there's some logic to that (and some lessons for us) and I can see it working for them, at least to a point. But Heckingbottom isn't there because he's the best candidate to lead them to the Premier League. Reaching the play-offs was a potentially massive bonus - and hopefully a one off - but he wasn't appointed to do that.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Owlinmad said:

Mid table mediocrity at best.

Spoke to my piggy mate yesterday and he was full of beans. Think they've been absolutely amazing signings and easily top 6

3 hours ago, IWEDFM said:

If they play like they did against Scunny / Mansfield then they won't 😆 some of goals were horrific in terms of tracking their men. Literal schoolboy stuff

5 hours ago, IWEDFM said:

"Where are the goals going to come from?"

Not really something that should be asked of a Championship side with two £20m+ strikers... 

• Haha 4

26 minutes ago, danblakemore said:

If England women win their semi at t’lane, will it class as an honour for their board?

Think they're already claiming the record for biggest attendance at a club ground for a woman's Euros in a game that didn't include the host nation or something tenuous like that.

Imagine if they actually boast about their highest attendance of the season being for a woman's game... 

• Haha 2

40 minutes ago, alanharper said:

Think they're already claiming the record for biggest attendance at a club ground for a woman's Euros in a game that didn't include the host nation or something tenuous like that.

Imagine if they actually boast about their highest attendance of the season being for a woman's game... 

Really? 

I mean, that's not really an achievement, is it? 

What a bunch of oddballs. 

40 minutes ago, alanharper said:

The attendance for the semi final still won’t be as high as out gates in the third tier against Portsmouth and Sunderland.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

The attendance for the semi final still won’t be as high as out gates in the third tier against Portsmouth and Sunderland.

They've gone on about attendances for years, but what you have to ask is why when it comes to published accounts do their attendances not match up in terms of income?   Do they heck as like (see what I did there?)

They have a history of fans going in on youth tickets, although I believe that was addressed 2 or 3 seasons ago and is now policed.   I'm sure some still get away with it, but not full grown men these days, maybe those in the 18-21 age group who look young enough.

They have a history of people enrolling in cheap courses to get student prices (I think it was a Bangladeshi language course once that was massively over subscribed costing £65 for the entire course, but no one attended!)  - this was not a myth, it actually happened, and the Sheffield College got a lot of other courses over subscribed back then too.

They have a history of throwing thousands of free tickets out, every game - still today.   They are trying to get all the students, so tickets are thrown at them.   They are trying to get the Chinese contingent in the city, so they throw tickets at them every game too.   They have people going round Paige Hall and Darnall trying to canvas support with free tickets given out, at least they were just prior to lockdown.   They get on the phone to past season ticket holders who have lapsed and throw free tickets at them too.

If they relied on true fans alone, they would be less then they had during Bassett's era.    

Maybe some of those proactive ideas we should use to be fair, but my point is - for their success in recent times compared to ours, they are having to cheat their fan figures to claim top dog and try to steal fans from Wednesday.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I have a relative who is a pig, all his side of the family are.

One day his lad asked him who was the best United player he had ever seen. His answer ‘Brian Deane’

lol

Poor f*cker 

• Haha 2