Sam Hutchinson joins Reading

1 minute ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

Interesting he moves to a higher division and probably gets an extra year than we would have even considered to offer.

Good deal for him, down south too.

Well done Sam

• Like 5

Who’d have predicted when he went to play in Cyprus that two years later he’d be signing a 2-year deal at an established championship team.

I always liked Hutch and wish him the best although I’d be even more surprised if they get 50 games out of him over those two years 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, wakefieldowl said:

Big mistake letting sam go, in my opinion

I honestly think some of our fans would be insisting he still had something to offer when he turned 50.

I know he's a talismanic player and has been a great servant to the club, but at some point, we have to let him go.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

Great move for him.

Think I’d have liked us to try and keep him as a back up, considering he could comfortably play in all 3 CB positions and play defensive midfield if needed. 

But a 2 year deal, close to London in a division above seems ideal for him. Hope he smashes it. 

• Like 2

Just now, Roy Of The Roasters said:

I honestly think some of our fans would be insisting he still had something to offer when he turned 50.

I know he's a talismanic player and has been a great servant to the club, but at some point, we have to let him go.

They'd be getting his cremated ashes and be trying to sellotape them all together so he could have just 'one more season'

• Haha 2

Owlstalk Shop