1 minute ago, helmut_rooster said:

And he's just not that good

He wasn’t that great he did an ok job for about 5-6 games , wanted to much money and thought to highly of himself I love how we are not falling into that trap anymore

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Barnsleyowl1996 said:

No doubt he’s a good player but he will have spells where he’s injured or extremely inconsistent. I reckon he won’t start more than 30 games and that’s his issue . In the right position do feel he will get a reasonable number of goals and assists but certainly replaceable . Look at his career he’s never got more than 8 and I don’t think he will this year either . He’s 30 now so as a wide player that is generally towards the latter end 

I'd give my right arm for a player who can play 30 games a season.lol

We've had plenty who haven't reached that number.

Mendez Laing is going to have an up and down season.   When he plays well, they will play well - but Derby could well be disjointed for the first third of this season and if so, I don't expect him to pull up many trees.

He's an enigma.   Brilliant or rubbish.   He ain't our problem now, so let's hope he continues his career path an is good in one in five games.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Willow Owl said:

I’m outside in a beer garden, it’s 28 degrees and glorious. You’re watching a Derby County friendly, why for gods sake ?

So he can find any excuse to have a pop at Wednesday!

***Pork alert***

Anyone can look good when the oppisition stand off and guve you space. He wont be getting that once the competitive season starts and then we’ll see what hes made off. Already worried that side is going to be exposed because hes not tracking back. Hertha never bithered to exploit that today for them theyre 2 weeks behind us in terms of fitness and it was just a nice work out in the sun so Laing got all the freedom in the world... as I said lets see what he does when hes pressured and marked out, see what hes made off then. 

Guest Willow Owl
2 hours ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

And going on Owlstalk to comment on a thread about Laing.

Beer garden exciting?

Been great, just wobbled in. Thanks for asking