Half a million pound bid REJECTED

'We' dont know if he has the tools to reach his potential. Its the manager who will have the best idea of what level Fizz will end up. 

If we keep him and give him a new deal im happy.

But if the mgt views it as a good offer based on their assessment of where he will reach thats fine too.

6 minutes ago, 0114 said:

Compensated? You get next to nothing. 

I don’t think £500k is far away from something acceptable. Never held a first team spot down and has 12 months on his deal.

We also have been in talks with him and nothing has been agreed. Like I said, I’d be open to sell now rather than lose him next summer & also not let this rumble on. 

You do if you move to an English club with a raft of considerations being taken into account.

Most of his games have been as a 19/20 year old. Clubs higher up will take a punt on potential which we both agree he has.

I'd be open to selling too............ but only for the right amount based on his value to the team now and also his potential. We just disagree on what is the right amount. Every player has a price ultimately. The club seem to think that £500k is short. I agree. Up to other clubs to make an offer we can't  refuse if they want him IMO. 

2 minutes ago, 0114 said:

He might not, but as of now he’s behind them. I also don’t want us developing a player who will walk for nothing on 12 months. 

Let’s get it resolved quickly one way or another 

Not necessarily ( back to my original point)

Neither do I but he'll only walk for derisory compensation if he leaves for a non English club. The club seem happy to take the risk. I'm happy with that.

Agreed

6 minutes ago, Teddy Nickelarse said:

You do if you move to an English club with a raft of considerations being taken into account.

Most of his games have been as a 19/20 year old. Clubs higher up will take a punt on potential which we both agree he has.

I'd be open to selling too............ but only for the right amount based on his value to the team now and also his potential. We just disagree on what is the right amount. Every player has a price ultimately. The club seem to think that £500k is short. I agree. Up to other clubs to make an offer we can't  refuse if they want him IMO. 

We aren’t a club that has reasonable demands when selling and that has to be taken into consideration. 

We don’t hold the cards on this one due to contract length unfortunately and it’s not as simple as I don’t value him at this or that. We simply can’t afford to let this drag out and let him go for nothing. 

• Like 1

I guess DM is the only one that knows if he will feature in his plans going forward.

He's the right age to build into a team for a long term strategy and if that's the case and he's considered good enough to be part of that, then he needs to be signing an extended contract asap to show his and the clubs commitment.

BUT

If he's only going to be a bit part player this season, as a young lad he's going to get frustrated and walk for free (compensation) at the end of the season, so sell now for the right price.

We've lost £Ms letting players walk away for free.

5 minutes ago, Teddy Nickelarse said:

Not necessarily ( back to my original point)

Neither do I but he'll only walk for derisory compensation if he leaves for a non English club. The club seem happy to take the risk. I'm happy with that.

Agreed

I’m shocked anyone would want this to drag on for 12 months. Fact is you’ll get more now than in 12 months when you’ll get pittance and no control on a future sell on.

Let’s be proactive for once. 

• Like 1

Question to those, who would like to sell Fizz:

What would you do to replace him? 

- Do you believe we don't need any replacement?

- Would you just buy another player for the money we receive?

- Would you have a LOAN player instead?

- Would you try to get another player free of charge?

In short... what would be your plan?

Just a reminder: We do want automatic promotion this season and need a strong squad.

We aren’t a club that has reasonable demands when selling and that has to be taken into consideration. 

We don’t hold the cards on this one due to contract length unfortunately and it’s not as simple as I don’t value him at this or that. We simply can’t afford to let this drag out and let him go for nothing. 

Agree with first point. There are signs that we're improving on this though. (Joao and Hunt)

Agree with much of the second. We do hold a few cards IMO though.

1 minute ago, 0114 said:

I’m shocked anyone would want this to drag on for 12 months. Fact is you’ll get more now than in 12 months when you’ll get pittance and no control on a future sell on.

Let’s be proactive for once. 

I doubt the club want it to drag on for 12 months. I dont.

They'll want to get him on a longer contract. If they dont they'll be open to offers. Clearly they dont think £500k hits the mark. Neither do I.

1 minute ago, Teddy Nickelarse said:

Agree with first point. There are signs that we're improving on this though. (Joao and Hunt)

Agree with much of the second. We do hold a few cards IMO though.

Improving? One of those was 4 ago and the other 3. Terrible, terrible examples. 

We don’t hold the cards mate, look at Hirst, Shaw & Urghoghide. 

Just now, Teddy Nickelarse said:

I doubt the club want it to drag on for 12 months. I dont.

They'll want to get him on a longer contract. If they dont they'll be open to offers. Clearly they dont think £500k hits the mark. Neither do I.

But they’ve already been in talks over a contract? They’ve obviously not gone that well so far and now we are turning down £500,000 offers. Which makes keeping a squad player difficult knowing he has interest from a league above. 

Improving? One of those was 4 ago and the other 3. Terrible, terrible examples. 

We don’t hold the cards mate, look at Hirst, Shaw & Urghoghide. 

More down to not having players that other clubs wanted to pay money for.

Those 3 left England. I've already acknowledged that potential issue. We do hold some cards 

9 minutes ago, GermanBird said:

Question to those, who would like to sell Fizz:

What would you do to replace him? 

- Do you believe we don't need any replacement?

- Would you just buy another player for the money we receive?

- Would you have a LOAN player instead?

- Would you try to get another player free of charge?

In short... what would be your plan?

Just a reminder: We do want automatic promotion this season and need a strong squad.

The main issue is the length of time left on his current contract. If he has no intention on signing an extension then we have to cash in. Anything around £1m would therefore be acceptable 

The obvious replacement for me would be Camara at Plymouth. This should leave some money left to get the Wilks deal done as well

A more left field option would be to do a swap deal with Blackpool for Yates and then loan Longstaff from Newcastle 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, 0114 said:

But they’ve already been in talks over a contract? They’ve obviously not gone that well so far and now we are turning down £500,000 offers. Which makes keeping a squad player difficult knowing he has interest from a league above. 

Agree with some of that again.

We've clearly got different opinions on some aspects though that are unlikely to align so I'll just agree to differ on those.

13 minutes ago, Teddy Nickelarse said:

More down to not having players that other clubs wanted to pay money for.

Those 3 left England. I've already acknowledged that potential issue. We do hold some cards 

We turned down £2m from Leicester for Hirst before they signed him via Belgium? 

Look at Fox the other year off the top of my head? We turned down offers with 12 month left just for him walk to Stoke for nothing. Clubs who sell and reinvest have got a lot further than our policy that’s for sure. 

We aren’t the ones in a position of power here. 

• Like 1

We turned down £2m from Leicester for Hirst before they signed him via Belgium? 

Look at Fox the other year off the top of my head? We turned down offers with 12 month left just for him walk to Stoke for nothing. Clubs who sell and reinvest have got a lot further than our policy that’s for sure. 

We aren’t the ones in a position of power here. 

Yes I know.

I wasn't aware of bids for Fox but accept there may have been. Given the stick some fans gave him I think he may have wanted out anyway.

We do have some sway in this IMO..... and he might yet sign a new contract anyway

I'm happy at the club declining the offer and I think its highly possible that he'll  be vying strongly for starts this season. Lets just agree to differ. 

Just now, Teddy Nickelarse said:

Yes I know.

I wasn't aware of bids for Fox but accept there may have been. Given the stick some fans gave him I think he may have wanted out anyway.

We do have some sway in this IMO..... and he might yet sign a new contract anyway

I'm happy at the club declining the offer and I think its highly possible that he'll  be vying strongly for starts this season. Lets just agree to differ. 

I want him on a new deal but if that’s not a possibility then we need to sit down at the negotiating table.

Got to look at the bigger picture than if people just like him or not. 

No problem, good chat 👍

52 minutes ago, 0114 said:

He might not, but as of now he’s behind them. I also don’t want us developing a player who will walk for nothing on 12 months. 

Let’s get it resolved quickly one way or another 

Agree with most of that but as I've said we'll just have to agree to differ on the bit that I dont. 

24 minutes ago, yeadonowl said:

The main issue is the length of time left on his current contract. If he has no intention on signing an extension then we have to cash in. Anything around £1m would therefore be acceptable 

The obvious replacement for me would be Camara at Plymouth. This should leave some money left to get the Wilks deal done as well

A more left field option would be to do a swap deal with Blackpool for Yates and then loan Longstaff from Newcastle 

Good post. So many overlooking the contract situation and just focusing on if they like FDB or not. 

If we sold FDB & used the money on Camara then that would be excellent business or negotiate a swap with Yates, again excellent business.