Half a million pound bid REJECTED

It's a bigger fee than I anticipated TBH. 

However, nowehere near what I think it may take to tempt Chansiri.

I think the dynamic only changes if Dele-Bashiru wants to leave, which I don't think he does. Even in that scenario the club would have to weigh up a few hundred grand (bearing in mind the sell on clause) and contribution towards (hopefully) promotion. 

Every player has their price, but in this case suspect interest is opportunistic and a new contract most likely.

1 hour ago, Teddy Nickelarse said:

It hasn't got my back up. I just see it a bit differently  to you thats all. Just two people chewing the fat on the internet. I just raised the possibility that the club might see him as a potentially integral member of the squad/team next season. Perhaps even why it's turned down a reported £500k offer and said that it's not looking to sell him.

I agree with you about the contract offer and I also agree with you that should we be unable to tie him down to a longer one then our unwillingness to sell would likely soften. It seems that we are not yet at that stage though. 

Being 5th choice isn’t an insult it’s more a compliment to Wednesday’s midfield strength. I think you’ve ended up debating me on FDB’s ability because you’ve assumed me saying he’s 5th choice is an insult to the lad, when I’m actually a fan of FDB and it was more to point of our squad strength. 

I do think he will be used here and there, similarly to like he was last season. He may grasp his opportunity but right now I do think Darren Moore will see him as 5th choice. 

1 hour ago, Teddy Nickelarse said:

PS. I do agree with you too about the strength of our midfield.  I know that this going off at a tangent from your main point but I suspect that FDB is the only one that would attract such a high offer though. I suspect that we'll  eventually sell him for significantly more at some future point though. Just my opinion. Just hope he helps us to promotion first though.

I’m personally concerned we won’t sell him and we won’t agree a new deal. Letting him go for nothing would be criminal but with Wednesday’s outgoing transfer history it seems the most likely option.

• Like 1

I think if FDB doesn’t sign a new contract by the end of July we should look to sell before the window closes, we can’t be losing out of cash and need to see it as a business decision.

Having said that I think he’s the most promising young player we have. He’s got all the tools and will have a good career. If we lose him I fear he’ll be one we look back and wish we hadn’t. Moore seems to rate him, but he needs to break into our team more regularly. That’s down to him. It’s clear to see there’s a beast in there that needs to be unleashed, let’s hope it’s with us and not someone else. 

• Like 1

In my opinion Promotion is worth more to this club than £500k and I think the lad will play a good part in helping us achieve that so unless it gets to the million plus stage i'd keep him whether he signs a contract or not 

He needs more game time - and I'm struggling to see if he will get it

Bannan

Adeniran

Vaulks

Byers

FDB 

Really we should've blood him this year in the side - if he got a consistent run of games I think he'd kick on now, he's strong and players bounce off him and his play on the ball has got less hesitant/rushed. 

1 hour ago, 0114 said:

Being 5th choice isn’t an insult it’s more a compliment to Wednesday’s midfield strength. I think you’ve ended up debating me on FDB’s ability because you’ve assumed me saying he’s 5th choice is an insult to the lad, when I’m actually a fan of FDB and it was more to point of our squad strength. 

I do think he will be used here and there, similarly to like he was last season. He may grasp his opportunity but right now I do think Darren Moore will see him as 5th choice. 

I know that you think that he's a talented player and 5th choice wouldn't be an insult as you say. I just dont necessarily  think that he is 5th choice thats all. I think that he'll  just be one of a pool of good midfielders and vying for a place as an equal.......... only Bannan will likely be an auto pick IMO.

1 hour ago, 0114 said:

I’m personally concerned we won’t sell him and we won’t agree a new deal. Letting him go for nothing would be criminal but with Wednesday’s outgoing transfer history it seems the most likely option.

Yes I understand that concern but given his age we'll  be compensated if he does walk at the end of his contract. Modestly compensated ( nigh on robbed) if he went abroad yes but much better if he signed for an English club. 

I would however ( like you) be pulling out the stops to tying him to an extended contract though.

All things considered I am pleased that the club have rejected the reported £500k offer and said that they dont want to sell him. That doesn't  of course mean that he wouldnt be sold as we know that every player has a price. 

Personally I dont think that the amount bid comes close......... but thats just my opinion.

19 minutes ago, Teddy Nickelarse said:

I know that you think that he's a talented player and 5th choice wouldn't be an insult as you say. I just dont necessarily  think that he is 5th choice thats all. I think that he'll  just be one of a pool of good midfielders and vying for a place as an equal.......... only Bannan will likely be an auto pick IMO.

I’ll be shocked if he’s now considered anything other than a back up to Byers, Vaulks & Bannan. 

He was sparsely used towards the end of the season, I wouldn’t say he’s now earned his way to be classed as equal. 

10 minutes ago, Teddy Nickelarse said:

Yes I understand that concern but given his age we'll  be compensated if he does walk at the end of his contract. Modestly compensated ( nigh on robbed) if he went abroad yes but much better if he signed for an English club. 

I would however ( like you) be pulling out the stops to tying him to an extended contract though.

All things considered I am pleased that the club have rejected the reported £500k offer and said that they dont want to sell him. That doesn't  of course mean that he wouldnt be sold as we know that every player has a price. 

Personally I dont think that the amount bid comes close......... but thats just my opinion.

Compensated? You get next to nothing. 

I don’t think £500k is far away from something acceptable. Never held a first team spot down and has 12 months on his deal.

We also have been in talks with him and nothing has been agreed. Like I said, I’d be open to sell now rather than lose him next summer & also not let this rumble on. 

We 

33 minutes ago, PARKOWL said:

In my opinion Promotion is worth more to this club than £500k and I think the lad will play a good part in helping us achieve that so unless it gets to the million plus stage i'd keep him whether he signs a contract or not 

THIS 👍

7 minutes ago, 0114 said:

I’ll be shocked if he’s now considered anything other than a back up to Byers, Vaulks & Bannan. 

He was sparsely used towards the end of the season, I wouldn’t say he’s now earned his way to be classed as equal. 

Thats fine, opinions differ. I think that he may well be in the mix though. There'll be quite a bit of rest/rotation/ tactical changes.... IMO.

This season is a fresh start. He progressed well last season. I think it highly possible that he will push on further this season.

6 minutes ago, Teddy Nickelarse said:

Thats fine, opinions differ. I think that he may well be in the mix though. There'll be quite a bit of rest/rotation/ tactical changes.... IMO.

This season is a fresh start. He progressed well last season. I think it highly possible that he will push on further this season.

He might not, but as of now he’s behind them. I also don’t want us developing a player who will walk for nothing on 12 months. 

Let’s get it resolved quickly one way or another