Half a million pound bid REJECTED

16 minutes ago, Teddy Nickelarse said:

Me less so. Some might see a midfield 3 of Bannan, Byers and Vaulks as nailed on. I think that Adeniran and FDB will get plenty of games.

I didn’t say they wouldn’t.

Let not be pedantic, he’ll still be back of the queue. 

2 minutes ago, 0114 said:

I didn’t say they wouldn’t.

Let not be pedantic, he’ll still be back of the queue. 

I didn't  say you did.

I doubt there's a queue as such though. It will be interesting to see how both Dennis and Fizz have come on since last season. They both have qualities that the other 3 don't;  and vice versa. Time will tell.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Teddy Nickelarse said:

I didn't  say you did.

I doubt there's a queue as such though. It will be interesting to see how both Dennis and Fizz have come on since last season. They both have qualities that the other 3 don't;  and vice versa. Time will tell.

I don’t doubt FDB’s ability. I think he & Adeniran are both box to box players similar to Byers myself. 

But he’s still down the pecking order. 

9 minutes ago, 0114 said:

I don’t doubt FDB’s ability. I think he & Adeniran are both box to box players similar to Byers myself. 

But he’s still down the pecking order. 

Well we'll see how things pan out over the coming months. Unlike you I'm not sure that he is down the 'pecking order' and I wouldn't be at all surprised to see him forging a regular place for himself next season. I think we'll  see fairly regular changes from game to game in any event.

6 minutes ago, Teddy Nickelarse said:

Well we'll see how things pan out over the coming months. Unlike you I'm not sure that he is down the 'pecking order' and I wouldn't be at all surprised to see him forging a regular place for himself next season. I think we'll  see fairly regular changes from game to game in any event.

I don’t get why you’ve got your back up so much that FDB is a 5th choice squad player or why it matters so much? My point was the fee offered is high for a player of a certain squad status within this division and more highlighting the strength in our midfield that a 5th choice is worth so much. 

I like FDB. I have said numerous times his deal should be renewed this summer so it’s not dragged out for 12 months. However if that’s not feasible I do think we should be willing to negotiate. 

Thats a higher bid than I thought.. I thought anything above 400k take it..  I mean he has struggled to get game time, only really being played because we have had injuries, he never really lit up league one..   £500k for a league one player is pretty good, especially as he is in the last year of his contract...

I understand though that Chelsea have a sell on fee percentage which would take down what we actually get, even so for me this bid was a bit from left field, I am more excited and would be less willing to part with Dennis..   

As has been said if we reject a £500k bid from a top Championship team he will be wanting Championship wages, which then creates a problem, we were happy for Luongo to leave and NML which is fine but would you really rate FDB that highly?  The problem is if we do offer him silly money the rest of the team will rightfully be questioning why he is on more money than them when they are starting week in week out and this guy is more of a fringe player..

We have criticised DC in the past for not selling, Windass I can understand, he could be a key player..   I dont see FDB as a key player and he is in the final year of his contract, its a decent offer, I hope we rejected them but told them they are close, they just need to up it a bit.. 

Maybe Sheff Wed have had indications that a new contract will be acceptable...   Would make sense, would he not be worth more if he had a longer contract?  Why sell now when you are sure he will sign a new contract and be worth potentially double what he is worth now?

4 hours ago, The coach said:

Let’s not fall for this..pure agent nonsense to try and harvest a hefty rise..500k would be good business..but it’s about as real as those ‘Argentina bids’ for windlass.

Is he on the wind up? lol

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, 0114 said:

I don’t get why you’ve got your back up so much that FDB is a 5th choice squad player or why it matters so much? My point was the fee offered is high for a player of a certain squad status within this division and more highlighting the strength in our midfield that a 5th choice is worth so much. 

I like FDB. I have said numerous times his deal should be renewed this summer so it’s not dragged out for 12 months. However if that’s not feasible I do think we should be willing to negotiate. 

It hasn't got my back up. I just see it a bit differently  to you thats all. Just two people chewing the fat on the internet. I just raised the possibility that the club might see him as a potentially integral member of the squad/team next season. Perhaps even why it's turned down a reported £500k offer and said that it's not looking to sell him.

I agree with you about the contract offer and I also agree with you that should we be unable to tie him down to a longer one then our unwillingness to sell would likely soften. It seems that we are not yet at that stage though. 

5 hours ago, 0114 said:

PS. I do agree with you too about the strength of our midfield.  I know that this going off at a tangent from your main point but I suspect that FDB is the only one that would attract such a high offer though. I suspect that we'll  eventually sell him for significantly more at some future point though. Just my opinion. Just hope he helps us to promotion first though.