Feel sorry for brentford and fans

1 minute ago, scram said:

Don't feel sorry in the slightest - was a massive part of them securing PL status when they were faltering

It's football

What does the player owe to a club that he doesn't owe himself?

Just a personal point of view..he didn't need money and I'd have signed for another year  Just to show thanks for club having faith in me.

• Like 3

Brentford would have been well aware that if Eriksen got back to his best form and only being on a 6 month deal that one of the big boys would swoop for him in the summer. 

I feel both Brentford and Eriksen benefitted from the arrangement. 

It was a 2 way thing, they gave him a chance to get his career back on track and he helped them secure safety so worked out for both 

Brentford can count themselves fortunate they had a player of his quality for half a season 

• Like 2

He kept them in the premier league when they started to tumble.  They are now signing young players with huge potential for £15m+ each.  

It must be horrible being a Brentford fan, with the new stadium, top flight football, great manager, international players, Natalie sawyer. 

I’ll stick with Chansiri and league 1 football thanks 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Brentford or Man U?

Contract till end of season..... complete.

Free to do as he pleases.

Done nothing wrong.

And I'm sure his time at Brentford would have ended with hugs and handshakes not a first fight.

Wrong side of 30 probably last chance of a contract at a big club.

He does reyt......and he's doing the same as everyone else one......me included.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

He kept them in the premier league when they started to tumble.  They are now signing young players with huge potential for £15m+ each.  

It must be horrible being a Brentford fan, with the new stadium, top flight football, great manager, international players, Natalie sawyer

I’ll stick with Chansiri and league 1 football thanks 

image.png.bb52e3df34895757880c77f676b8a686.png

• Haha 1

I can understand why Brentford and their fans might feel disappointed that Eriksen didn’t stay - but, do I feel sorry for them - not in the slightest.

I can however understand why Brentford fans  might be feeling sorry for us, as we prepare for another season in League One

• Haha 1

He's a top class player and, to be blunt, the only reason he ended up at Brentford in the first place is because the bloke effectively dropped dead just over a year ago. 

He came, kept them up and is now moving on to play for a club who, in terms of at least stature, are more befitting a player of his quality. 

• Like 1

I'm sure Brentford and player knew exactly how this transfer would pan out from the moment it was signed. hence why it was only a 6 month deal.

A. Do well and put himself in the shop window.

B. Not work out/fitness issue and released. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Owls-Fan said:

Looking forward to the OP's next thread,  I feel sorry for Man City fans...   all those domestic trophies and no champions league 

Looking forward to you not posting again..you totally missed the point