It's two years since Jack departed

Loved him. Did a great job for us when we seemed (yet again) to be down and out. Started the resurrection of the club and always seemed like a decent down to Earth guy. His management record at club and international level is enviable.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, BRADDO said:

A true legend at swfc. 

A legend at Boro and Leeds as well...     Used to love watching him play for Leeds in the early 70's  on ITV...    I met an Irish bloke in Whistler BC a few years ago... we got talking about football and realized that we both   loved Big Jack the manager of SWFC and  Republic of Ireland!!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, megsonstheman said:

Best manager we ever had, took a little time to get promoted but you just knew we were going to do it with Big Jack. It was never a risk appointing the big man......unlike the majority we have endured since he left

I think you will find he appointed us 🥳

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MSN SYSOP said:

Fabulous man and loved Wednesday too..always be a legend at Hillsborough will big Jack be

Can you imagine what he'd have done to Fernando for refusing to get on coach to Norwich 😁

Interesting point this

I was privileged to meet him a couple of times and he always spoke fondly of Wednesday and his life at that time living at Rockley 

On a national level I don’t think he ever got much recognition for even being at Wednesday never mind the superb job he did here

Saw several interviews on national media about his life in football it mentioned at length Leeds, Middlesbrough before moving on to how he struggled at Newcastle then his heroics with Ireland  

I remember Garth Crookes doing an interview with him and stating the “ then you went to Sheffield Wednesday” before moving quickly on 

Strange really as he was really proud of what he did at Wednesday and why wouldn’t he be. He had real bottle laying his reputation on the line to go to Hillsborough the state we were in at the time

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Basement Jack said:

Interesting point this

I was privileged to meet him a couple of times and he always spoke fondly of Wednesday and his life at that time living at Rockley 

On a national level I don’t think he ever got much recognition for even being at Wednesday never mind the superb job he did here

Saw several interviews on national media about his life in football it mentioned at length Leeds, Middlesbrough before moving on to how he struggled at Newcastle then his heroics with Ireland  

I remember Garth Crookes doing an interview with him and stating the “ then you went to Sheffield Wednesday” before moving quickly on 

Strange really as he was really proud of what he did at Wednesday and why wouldn’t he be. He had real bottle laying his reputation on the line to go to Hillsborough the state we were in at the time

He was proud of what he did for us...but we are more proud of him for what he did for us