I still think we are weaker than last season

What’s positive is that we’ve done so much business, and key business, early doors. Before warm weather training etc.

Issue last season was it took so long for us to really get off and running and for DM To land on a formation. 

I don’t think we’ll have that issue this season.

And we have plenty of time to get other deals done. And PL teams will increasingly start to loan out their talents.  

Now. On one hand I think our defence and keeper look “weaker” than last season. But crucially I think we’ve gone after fixing our Achilles heal last season, which was set pieces.

I think we’re on track.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, FlyingOwl said:

What’s positive is that we’ve done so much business, and key business, early doors. Before warm weather training etc.

Issue last season was it took so long for us to really get off and running and for DM To land on a formation. 

I don’t think we’ll have that issue this season.

And we have plenty of time to get other deals done. And PL teams will increasingly start to loan out their talents.  

Now. On one hand I think our defence and keeper look “weaker” than last season. But crucially I think we’ve gone after fixing our Achilles heal last season, which was set pieces.

I think we’re on track.

Half the season we didn’t have a defence 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, LoanRanger said:

Hutch - replaced with Ihiekwe (Team of the season)

Luongo - replaced with Vaulks (A better player)

Berahino - replaced with Smith (Goal machine)

Dunkley - replaced with Heneghan (Fitter)

NML - blew ridiculously hot and cold and will maybe be replaced by Wilks (Goal machine) 

BPF - replaced by Stockdale (Golden glove winner)

Shodipo - always inured

Gibson - always injured

Storey - (Iorfa is back)

Dean - (I've got nothing here, I want him back)

T John-Jules - played 9 mins

Plenty of time left, we are cruising.

Stop with the cr@p mate, when did that happen!? Must’ve gone for a long wee cos I missed that lad even turning up on bench, nevermind coming on! 
lol 

Not worried at all.
Keeper and defence pretty much sorted. New additions of Famewo and James give the defence much better pace and balance whilst allowing a change of formation as and when required. Midfield looks as strong as any in the division and I think we are just a couple of players short up front. Add a pacey wide player and a striker/ inside forward type to supplement Gregory , Smith and Windass and we’re good to go. Loans will become available in the next month.

58 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Not that impressed with any of the signings apart from the lad from Cardiff.  We look static and one dimensional, no pace introduced or out and out skill.

The two lads signed over the last two days haven't impressed the fans of their last club especially the lad from Blackpool in fact they are delighted he's left.

We need to up the quality or a top six place looks very difficult.

Convince me I'm wrong please.  Getting worried.

Disagree. We had no issues creating chances and scoring goals, our main weakness was defensively and certainly improved with the addition of 2 new centre back and a luongo esque midfielder in Vaulks. 

• Like 3

I think we’ve made a mistake letting Berahino go TBH.

Smith, Gregory and Paterson are similar players in style. There are doubts about Windass’ fitness and Sow isn’t really a striker.

It doesn’t look at the moment that we’re going to push Cadamarteri with regards to the first team squad so we do need someone in but I think we’ll wait as long as we can for Wilks.

As for the other areas we are either as strong or stronger but I’m not expecting a massively different season to last season. We’ll be there are thereabouts but we might fall just short of the Top 2.

59 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Not that impressed with any of the signings apart from the lad from Cardiff.  We look static and one dimensional, no pace introduced or out and out skill.

The two lads signed over the last two days haven't impressed the fans of their last club especially the lad from Blackpool in fact they are delighted he's left.

This 100%...defence worries me and the lack of pace

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Im feeling the same. Might well be wrong but....

The Rotherham lads and Vaulkes signings feel like the Boyd and Jones signings from Carlos3. Supposed tried and trusted cheat codes for promotion because they have done it before.

It doesnt always work like that though.

I thought BPF NML and Mas particularly were quality at this level. 

We seem like a very prosaic workmanlike squad at the moment Bannan apart.

Hopefully we are the Wigan and Rotherham unglamorous type winning machine

Being honest I don’t feel qualified to agree or disagree as not sure I recall seeing the newbies smith apart from playing. 
I trust DM though and hopefully he’s got it right. We do lack pace though that’s my concern. 

Guest Willow Owl

Wakey wakey, where in league one FFS, Never read so much guff. The signings are top draw for this league. 
I trust Moore with our transfers more than the wanna be Guardiola’s on here.