I still think we are weaker than last season

2 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Not that impressed with any of the signings apart from the lad from Cardiff.  We look static and one dimensional, no pace introduced or out and out skill.

The two lads signed over the last two days haven't impressed the fans of their last club especially the lad from Blackpool in fact they are delighted he's left.

We need to up the quality or a top six place looks very difficult.

Convince me I'm wrong please.  Getting worried.

Rotherham Owls should never be worried, have a word with Harry. 

• Haha 3

Agree actually.

We are lacking creativity and pace. 

But there is still time to add those types of players.

Probably prem young uns on loan once the prem squads are sorted.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Not that impressed with any of the signings apart from the lad from Cardiff.  We look static and one dimensional, no pace introduced or out and out skill.

The two lads signed over the last two days haven't impressed the fans of their last club especially the lad from Blackpool in fact they are delighted he's left.

We need to up the quality or a top six place looks very difficult.

Convince me I'm wrong please.  Getting worried.

Static and one dimensional I don’t quite get you there,  Dele Bashiru is definitely not static ,  we’ve got good options across the midfield , Byers I think can have a strong season alongside Bannan and Vaulks there’s potential for a great midfield three 

Johnson and Hunt are also definitely not static, great outlets for us 

However, Im slightly concerned we need a few different options in the final third 

1 minute ago, Royal_D said:

Static and one dimensional I don’t quite get you there,  Dele Bashiru is definitely not static ,  we’ve got good options across the midfield , Byers I think can have a strong season alongside Bannan and Vaulks there’s potential for a great midfield three 

Johnson and Hunt are also definitely not static, great outlets for us 

However, Im slightly concerned we need a few different options in the final third 

Not replaced Mendz Lang at his best.  A glaring omission hopeful as someone has suggested our signings haven't ended and we can rectify this. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I do feel we need a difference-maker in the final third, someone to provide a real spark. Windass could be the man, or Bannan playing in that advanced role, but after that the options look thin. 

Presumsbly though Moore recognises this hence his long pursuit of Wilks. If that doesn’t come off I’m sure we’ll have other targets. The season is 3.5 weeks away and the transfer window doesn’t shut for nearly 2 months, so there’s ages yet to bring in the last one or two pieces of the jigsaw.

• Like 1

I feel similar. A lot seem impressed with our new additions but I'm yet to be convinced. Hopefully they'll prove me wrong and that we have some decent signings still to come...

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, stocksyuto said:

Non of last seasons loan players made much of an impact they were all crap and they had plenty of pace not much else

Who had the pace apart from step over Corbineau 

must have missed that 

I kind of agree with that 

what I’d say is we have a better squad to compete over the season and we’ve fixed a lot of wrongs last year 

we are now stronger in both boxes especially at set pieces 

we have better pace away the back 

we have more flexibility to change players and rest them

i described this squad earlier as just needing the cherry putting on jabs by that I think the only thing we need now is pace and width in the final third and maybe one more defensive midfielder I still think will hugely miss luongo 

Two players like wilks Pacey attackers that can play out wide finishes this team for me then it looks like a squad that’s capable of winning the league 

without that pace or width I kind of agree even though we now have options if playing Johnson and windass further up out wide we still need more 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, LoanRanger said:

Hutch - replaced with Ihiekwe (Team of the season)

Luongo - replaced with Vaulks (A better player)

Berahino - replaced with Smith (Goal machine)

Dunkley - replaced with Heneghan (Fitter)

NML - blew ridiculously hot and cold and will maybe be replaced by Wilks (Goal machine) 

BPF - replaced by Stockdale (Golden glove winner)

Shodipo - always inured

Gibson - always injured

Storey - (Iorfa is back)

Dean - (I've got nothing here, I want him back)

T John-Jules - played 9 mins

Plenty of time left, we are cruising.

Great positive post.

The biggest change is our CBs. Having a regular back 3 might make a huge difference.

• Like 4

Think we've done alright but if we do get promoted (we won't under moore) 

We will need to rebuild again 

None of the signings are really championship standard signings 

We've signed good league 1 players 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

totally agree , so many think we are going to walk the league . we are still miles away from that . need 2 quality wide players and may still need someone in midfield upto now id guess our wage bill has come down from last season even further ,what we also need is an injury free pre season and getting players to gel as much as possible in the pre season games