SWFC's application for Euro2022

39 minutes ago, Lime Tree Heros said:

Too many fans view Hillsborough through blue and white tinted specs, by way of illustration:

In the last 30 years, every football league club has either built a new / replacement stand or moved to a new ground, except two:

QPR - Loftus Road Stand 1981

Sheffield Wednesday - West Stand - 1965

Sadly, there has been no major infrastructure replacement for over 50 years at Hillsborough.

Yes, it still looks exactly the same now doesn't it.

sheffield-wednesday-hillsborough-stadium

f07721894f5e4cf77a04c4377e282058.jpg

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Lime Tree Heros said:

Too many fans view Hillsborough through blue and white tinted specs, by way of illustration:

In the last 30 years, every football league club has either built a new / replacement stand or moved to a new ground, except two:

Sadly, there has been no major infrastructure replacement for over 50 years at Hillsborough.

Whilst I'll be the very first to say major works need to be done across the stadium to bring it up to scratch, this post is rhubarb.

We literally completely rebuilt and extended the South Stand in 1995.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

This was  the problem last time... 

The undersoil heating packed up and both groundsman ended up with a new pair of bib n braces each :duntmatter:

Apologies Mr English Teacher....  OVERHAUL!!!!!   but you new wot i ment dint you.... 

4 hours ago, Lime Tree Heros said:

Er.....what about the total revamp of the South Stand including the addition of the Grandstand, the Executive boxes and the new frontage?

Agree we're behind on other stuff (most notably tearing down and rebuilding the west side of the ground) but your post is just plain wrong.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, HopefulOwl said:

We've had a roof on the Kop and the South had an overall too.

Both true - but neither are a new stand.

All grounds were updated in the early '90's to all seater after the Taylor report - lots of clubs built new stands instead of 'converting' to all seater - we didn't.

Could our pitch have taken a summer tournament being played on it? It’s a bloomin sandpit by halfway through the season already!

I feel sorry for the poor teams all excited about coming to England to play football and getting stuck in Rotherham though! I assume they will put them in hotel in Sheffield or something. They can’t put the poor lasses up in Rotherham. (sorry Rotherham owls, you know I’m right).

• Haha 1

Unless staging an England game Hillsborough would have been far too big for this tournament, attendances will be decent at smaller stadiums but you can bet price of tickets is very cheap and possibly some tickets given away free . 

Just now, steelcityowlsfan said:

Does anyone think the stadium gets renovated or we move to a new one during Chansiri's reign?

no idea...if you look at the other 100 threads about moving I'm sure you'll get a sense of what people think

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Utah Owl said:

Er.....what about the total revamp of the South Stand including the addition of the Grandstand, the Executive boxes and the new frontage?

Agree we're behind on other stuff (most notably tearing down and rebuilding the west side of the ground) but your post is just plain wrong.

Think issue for us as a club has always been lack of ambition the owner have always been afraid to invest in ground and players, always nearly men  not having the vision to push on. 90s was that time to rebuild the team fully and the ground.

• Like 1

On 06/07/2022 at 13:45, SUAOwl said:

Couldn't care less. Same as most people about women's football. 😄

Very sexist comment. Womens football has improved a lot and is quite entertaining now, often get more goals than mens games.

And half the population are women, those who like football will be interested in this being hosted here. It deserves respect even if you aren't interested, not criticism.

You don't get diving in womens footy either which is refreshing to see.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, swfc-dan said:

Very sexist comment. Womens football has improved a lot and is quite entertaining now, often get more goals than mens games.

And half the population are women, those who like football will be interested in this being hosted here. It deserves respect even if you aren't interested, not criticism.

You don't get diving in womens footy either which is refreshing to see.

Agree it has its place and is improving which will take time just like the men's game took a while to develop. However the current standard does not really warrant the amount of airtime coverage it currently gets along with the constant promotion , as the standard improves it will grow organically. 

On 06/07/2022 at 14:02, Luke said:

Chansiri can't even hire someone to paint the stands and give the ground a lease of life 

I'd love to know his plans to host a tournament 🤣

Having read this comment.  I can only assume you’ve not been to Hillsborough in the last 7 years.