Women's Euro 2022

Unbelievable scenes. 

Im lucky enough to have a 9 month old daughter, as someone who’s had so much joy and pain but more importantly a deep emotional attachment with football I hope today helps inspire the young generations to take a ball on a field and have a kick about and get into the beautiful game. 

• Like 5
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, CalmJimmers said:

Millie Bright just said she told them to go out and be brave, don't worry about making mistakes. Can tell that's been a big problem with England (and Wednesday and all).

It's good, positive, entertaining football played on the front foot. None of this tippy-tappy risk averse stuff Southgate seems to favour. And Sarina Wiegman actually seems to know a game changing substitution is needed.

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, bradowl said:

Women's World Cup is next summer, taking place in Australia and New Zealand. 

I’ll be making a concerted effort to get to the games!! Will need to talk Mrs Morepork into going…….

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Night King said:

Unbelievable scenes. 

Im lucky enough to have a 9 month old daughter, as someone who’s had so much joy and pain but more importantly a deep emotional attachment with football I hope today helps inspire the young generations to take a ball on a field and have a kick about and get into the beautiful game. 

Similar to me mate. Watched it “with” her, although obviously her only real interest was seeing a load of bright colours moving around on the TV! But it was one of those moments where you hold them and just think to yourself.. what a nice and bright message for their future. It’s genuinely inspiring and hopeful for future generations and it’s not often we get those moments these days.

• Like 1
  • Love 3

1 minute ago, sheffield_dave said:

Similar to me mate. Watched it “with” her, although obviously her only real interest was seeing a load of bright colours moving around on the TV! But it was one of those moments where you hold them and just think to yourself.. what a nice and bright message for their future. It’s genuinely inspiring and hopeful for future generations and it’s not often we get those moments these days.

I had that during the cricket world cup a few years ago with my eldest.

I know that feeling. It's magical. He was a bit older and understood what was going on a bit. But one of those life moments everyone should experience.

• Like 1

Absolutely wonderful to win the tournament.

But the potential now for growth and interest in the womens game excites me.

A massive turning point.

And Im just so pleased for those who worked so hard in the leaner times. No trophies or 80k crowds or any media coverage.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

I hope that Sheffield Wednesday can start supporting the SWFC ladies team better snd make them part of the club instead of having hardly any support. 

I really hope so. I hope that one of the things that comes of this is that clubs that don’t do it look old fashioned and irrelevant in a modern society 

8 minutes ago, Quickly Kevin said:

Absolutely wonderful to win the tournament.

But the potential now for growth and interest in the womens game excites me.

A massive turning point.

And Im just so pleased for those who worked so hard in the leaner times. No trophies or 80k crowds or any media coverage.

Well said mate 

That was a proper game of football that. 

You could see what it meant to all those players out there. 

Some proper wind up tactics from both sides as well. 

Loved every minute I have watched of this tournament. I no longer laugh at the women's game but I applaud all those on the pitch today and all the teams in this tournament.  Womens football has a great future. 

Well done all involved 🙌🙌

Before the tournament started, I only knew Ellen White, Millie Bright & Lucy Bronze. I knew what the manager looked like but didn't know her name. 

I needed a summer tournament though, an eff you to FIFA and Qatar ( even though it's the same 'firm') .

What better than a tournament in Sheffield and Rotherham,  that I could take my daughter to, to see some positive role models in a brilliant inclusive atmosphere .

Switzerland v Netherlands will live long in the memory of our family, just an excellent day out.

Now we know all the players names, plus some in other teams, and we have favourites ( Kiera Walsh, Ella Toone, Beth Mead) .

I know there will still be the knuckle draggers who refuse to acknowledge it, but it's been pure enjoyment in a pretty crappy time in this country.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Well deserved win for the ladies. It's been a few years since I last watched a ladies game and I must admit it looks like its come a long way since then. They actually played some nice football and was enjoyable to waych

Slight annoyance afterwards though is the creaming over how supposedly there wasn't any feigning injuries, diving, time wasting etc like there is in the men's game. That simply wasn't true, with our keeper feigning injury trying to get their player booked and I think it was our left winger who went down like a sack of spuds with literally no contact on her. Hopefully that sort of stuff doesn't become more frequent in the ladies game

• Like 1