Is the SWFC strike force strong enough to get promoted?

I suspect that if we HAD to go with what we have (still hoping Cadamarteri will force himself into the equation too) we could have some success. Although we do have some pace with Windass and Sow(?), I agree with most posters that we could do with adding someone like Wilks to give us more options.

Is it too early to get Jamie Vardy to join and fulfil his childhood ambition of playing for The Owls first team? He'd need to drop his wages a tiny bit though.

• Love 1

It lacks pace and players to play in wider positions for me 1/2 more required 

Sow is surplus to requirements for me 

Patterson will be used as a utility player 

windass can play anywhere across the three and does offer us width and a bit of pace 

Gregory and smith are central players 

wilks plus one more for me 

then I think our regular pool of striker options will be 

Gregory 

windass 

smith 

wilks 

plus one 

——————

patterson - utility 

——————-

sow - under 23s unless moved on 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OriginalAlien said:

I suspect that if we HAD to go with what we have (still hoping Cadamarteri will force himself into the equation too) we could have some success. Although we do have some pace with Windass and Sow(?), I agree with most posters that we could do with adding someone like Wilks to give us more options.

Is it too early to get Jamie Vardy to join and fulfil his childhood ambition of playing for The Owls first team? He'd need to drop his wages a tiny bit though.

Suggest that Smith and Gregory have to play. Two strikers up front.

Windass could play striker from behind the front/attacking midfielder  if one of those two injured and we played only one striker ( one striker often been DM's preference).

If both are fit, does he play at all?

Paterson and Sow also on the books. 

How many extra strikers do we really need?

10 hours ago, Holmowl said:

Rubbish likeness of Smith.

Answer - probably not. 

We need one more out and out striker to cover for Smith or Gregory.

I think/hope Windass will be used off the bench. He’s not a striker.

I think Paterson will be used very occasionally up top.

He scores goals, he's a forward, striker, roving entity call him what you will, he gets goals.

I like him

• Like 1

We were not far off promotion last season and this season so far we have signed a player who scored a fair few goals last season so I would say is an improvement, also both Gregory and Windass were injured for a lot of the season...   So on that basis I would say yes we do as long as they stay fit but we should probably get one more striker in just incase..

if we signed nobody else i think we would finish around 8th but still expecting at least 3 signings and if we can get a couple of players with a bit of pace who can deliver a good ball and get in a top centre back then top 2 is very possible . but just because we have the 2 rotherham lads dont just think we are some kind of world beaters ,they are quality signings but its how they fit into out system and if we can get the best out of them will be what counts .