Brick wall syndrome?

Every thing has come to a halt, where is the urgency to get new players in? 7 days nothing, I'm sure he (DM) knows who he wants, could it be that DC has applied the brakes for now? Portsmouth game is a few weeks away, we should at least be 75% complete by now, any way what do I know? I've only got blue and white blood in my veins

• Haha 6

Christ there’s some impatient people on here 

here my view 

we’ve made some solid signings so far 

now we will add around that and because we’ve made such a positive start we don’t have to be held over a barrel 

my guess is we are weighing up some good loans which won’t come until late and are strongly negotiating for best value because we don’t need to panick 

examples of this will be dean and wilks and they will be on our top targets 

I’d imagine we’d have at least one maybe two in before we go to Portugal 

and all will come together or be nearly done before our first game 

Our starting 11 is strong enough to start the season now and that’s a great place to be 

the market will hot up over the next 3 weeks 

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, Leaping Lannys Perm said:

Has any team ever been 75% complete with nearly 4 weeks to got before first kick-off?

Given that most clubs are still bringing in several players on deadline day, I think we've made a good start.

Look, if you're going to come on here and try to apply logic and reason, then you've no chance.

The natives are getting restless and they want some shiny new players to get excited about.

Sod whether they're the right players for the squad, sod the financial implications, and sod the fact that negotiations rarely run smoothly.

We want signings and we want them now!

Sigh...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

11 minutes ago, fpowl said:

here my view 

now we will add around that and because we’ve made such a positive start we don’t have to be held over a barrel 

my guess is we are weighing up some good loans which won’t come until late and are strongly negotiating for best value because we don’t need to panick 

Our starting 11 is strong enough to start the season now and that’s a great place to be 

Impatiency 22 years in the making

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Daniele Giovanni said:

Every thing has come to a halt, where is the urgency to get new players in? 7 days nothing, I'm sure he (DM) knows who he wants, could it be that DC has applied the brakes for now? Portsmouth game is a few weeks away, we should at least be 75% complete by now, any way what do I know? I've only got blue and white blood in my veins

As we all told you in the last impatient thread you started.

It was always going to be a slow moving window.

There won't be one team in the EFL that will be all done transfer wise on the 30th of July.

• Like 2

No rush, not when you've already signed a handful of proven quality. Frankly, we've been spoiled rotten so far. 

The next few weeks we'll see another handful of signings. Fully expect us to sign Wilks in the coming days, despite the obstacles. 

Calm down, all is good. Wednesday are on the right track and Mr. Moore is doing the business as quickly as he can. 

• Like 2

After years of saying we need to get deals done early, we do, and now its boring waiting for the last couple of players to come in.

Part of the problem is its felt like every season except Carlos 2 was an "overhaul" so we always had lots of deals going.  Relax, we are ahead of most of the curve in getting deals done, there will be a couple more and then a couple of loans, but honestly we will be fine.

4 hours ago, fpowl said:

here my view 

How many times do I have to tell you. Owlstalk is not the place for sensible, common sense posts. 

Either please post mad rants or don't post at all. 

• Haha 2