Wildsmith joins Derby

Can’t wait until they seem him

1, kicking the ball out of play from goal kicks

2, duffing the ball to opponents under no pressure

3, shuttling across his line like some late 90s Subbuteo keeper

4, lobbing one in the back of the next every few games

5, Lolling them into a false sense of security for 5-6 games showing some fantastic reaction saves before duly commencing 1-4

Edited by McRightSide
  • Like 1

Good for him. 
I cant see him as the first choice keeper really but if he is I hope he makes a good go of it. 

If he is reserve keeper I wonder if he’ll sit on the wrong bench by accident when he comes back to Hillsborough…

Guest Willow Owl
4 minutes ago, Belgradeowl said:

All best wishes. Wednesday boo boys ruined what was potentially a promising early career with us. His confidence was shot to pieces and if he can rebuild it at Derby and become a success there, it will be nobody’s  fault than our own that we missed an opportunity. 

This 100%
You only have to read some of the comments in this thread. When he broke through he looked a good keeper as did Dawson.

The fans and the situation knocked the confidence from both him  and Dawson.

Good luck to him, he deserves a chance. 

13 minutes ago, Willow Owl said:

This 100%
You only have to read some of the comments in this thread. When he broke through he looked a good keeper as did Dawson.

The fans and the situation knocked the confidence from both him  and Dawson.

Good luck to him, he deserves a chance. 

Yep m8 couldn't agree more...shame...we have some reyt tools as fans....

UTO

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

Wednesday fans never seem to get behind their young players. Never have. Probably goes some way in  explaining why anyone half good leaves when they get the chance and those who do breakthrough never quite make it here. 

In recent years Palmer, Dawson, Wildsmith all had pelters from the fans. Probably unjustified when you take a step back. No one has ever got behind them and supported them.

Shaw, Hirst, Urhoghide etc are all judas when they go onto new pastures.

Alex Hunt is the next target it seems on here. 

Just a weird mentality as a fanbase. 

• Like 7
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Wednesday fans never seem to get behind their young players. Never have. Probably goes some way in  explaining why anyone half good leaves when they get the chance and those who do breakthrough never quite make it here. 

In recent years Palmer, Dawson, Wildsmith all had pelters from the fans. Probably unjustified when you take a step back. No one has ever got behind them and supported them.

Shaw, Hirst, Urhoghide etc are all judas when they go onto new pastures.

Alex Hunt is the next target it seems on here. 

Just a weird mentality as a fanbase. 

We certainly got behind our young players in the 70s, its today's young supporters they have no patience 😃

Guest Willow Owl
55 minutes ago, DIPPS_S.W.F.C said:

Yep m8 couldn't agree more...shame...we have some reyt tools as fans....

UTO

It’s absolutely bizarre. 

Good luck to him (within reason obviously) Never really worked out for him here through no fault of his or the club's tbh. Just one of those situations where he never quite made the breakthrough for whatever reason.

FWIW I always thought Dawson looked the better prospect out of the two, maybe we'll get a chance to find out this season.

Wildsmith had the same percentage of clean sheets as BPF  (33,3 % each in season 21/22). I really don't understand all the nasty comments on here.

Good move for him to go to Derby. I hope they do appreciate him more than our fanbase does.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, The coach said:

Weren’t we thinking that..about 5 years ago...🙄

Yes, which is daft at 21 IMO. Keepers rarely hit their peak much before 28. And the fact he’s played so few games hasn’t helped his development. Fair enough we were disappointed overall at what we did see, but I still think he has potential to be seen as ‘good’ in the next 3-4 years provided he gets plenty of game time. But we’ll see.

• Like 1