Pre-season OMDT - Alfreton Town - Owls

Just now, Barnsleyowl1996 said:

Didn’t know he could play cb to be honest . Suppose it’s only a friendly 

When He wasn't out on loan last season He played LCB for U-23's.

But this must be first time that Glover is playing RWB.

• Like 1

Guest Rightwingedowl
3 hours ago, unkastav said:

Cheers all

3BD0A67F-CA02-48CB-838C-E1F3FECCD8BD.jpeg

A tad on the expensive side but a lovely drink. 

1 minute ago, Hyde2005 said:

Subs? Where is windass? And adenalin ?  Both I'd have thought need the most pre season games 

Both injured, done for season 

10 minutes ago, malek said:

When He wasn't out on loan last season He played LCB for U-23's.

But this must be first time that Glover is playing RWB.

Thoughts on Glover ?  Can’t say I’ve been that aware of him

4 minutes ago, Pulcinella said:

Not the kind of shower that lost 14-0 to Alfreton in 2011 then.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/14363245.amp

Those were 16 and 17 years old kids. From what I can see from that line-up is that We had central midfielder and striker playing at the back. Our academy didn't have many bright moments, but its darkest days were certainly under Sean McAuley.

Gutted I'm missing this one. Usually get to the Alfreton game but my daughter has DofE and I need to pick her up.

Need someone to do the long winded description of the highlights. Don't forget to include descriptions of any players who have changed shape during the off season.

Who can forget Hoopersaurus Rex!

• Haha 1

Just now, Royal_D said:

Thoughts on Glover ?  Can’t say I’ve been that aware of him

Hard working box to box midfielder who seems to be getting stronger all the time.

Out of all those young central midfielders two I wanted to see this pre-season are Bobby Dunn and Rio Shipston.

1 minute ago, malek said:

Hard working box to box midfielder who seems to be getting stronger all the time.

Out of all those young central midfielders two I wanted to see this pre-season are Bobby Dunn and Rio Shipston.

Yea, interesting to see if Bobby Dunn is going to be given a chance or is he an U23 squad filler 

2 minutes ago, malek said:

Assuming he's starting at RWB, would you say today is a fair chance for him to strut his stuff? Box to box implies he can show off energy and positive running out wide, just wonder how he'll get on with the defensive responsibilities?

Glover, Galvin and Hunt. Moore must be at least considering them or he wouldn’t play them, but that could just be because they are working to get a few loan deals for those positions,

Major second half changes of course, hopefully some of the new boys will be on

2 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Yea, interesting to see if Bobby Dunn is going to be given a chance or is he an U23 squad filler 

Indeed.

We had him on a long trial and took a good look at him. I've watched him only against Millwall and on that short evidence to me He looked head and shoulders above rest of our U-23's.

Just now, StudentOwl said:

Assuming he's starting at RWB, would you say today is a fair chance for him to strut his stuff? Box to box implies he can show off energy and positive running out wide, just wonder how he'll get on with the defensive responsibilities?

Looking at his qualities he has energy to get up and down the pitch and I expect him to be defensively solid enough (everything considered). Bit concerned if He got pace for position where it is needed the most, though.

• Thanks 1