Mendez Laing

He is a decent player and looked too good for L1 at times.

Just annoyed me with his lack of tracking at a key moment (I know not the only one to blame) so I’m glad we are not bending over backwards for players like that 

1 hour ago, beswetherick said:

Nailed on to score against us if he signs for them too

Why? This gets said about every single player who leaves..let’s hope wildsmith is ‘nailed on’ to drop a ballack against us if he signs for them

5 minutes ago, vulva said:

Derby will struggle next season. 

Agreed 

more chance of back to back relegations than play offs in my opinion 

I hope he signs for one of our rivals. Apart from a very short purple patch, he certainly didn’t make us look like promotion contenders when he played. Couldn’t hit a barn door with a banjo.

Two runs down the wing and hes done, cant even run back after the 2nd one, Ive seen fitter 90 year olds in the london marathon, best of luck to his next employer, work rate isnt one of his attributes

• Like 1

So he turns down a contract from us that gave him a chance and is in talks with a club who are operating under restrictions wage wise???.   

11 hours ago, fpowl said:

Strange move, turns us down. Signs for derby? 

we must of offered him peanuts 

Grammar police. we must HAVE offered him peanuts.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Groundhopping Owl said:

Pre-season is underway so Derby need players who they can get in the door quick. Would make sense, much as he'd probably end up being more of a squad player than a starter.

They haven't got a squad at moment. If he signs for them he will be expected to be in the side as he won't be a cheap option at this level. To be honest he was to inconsistent for me and his end product was often poor , think there is better options out there.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, The coach said:

We don’t need anybody else..let’s ditch the kid in a sweetshop approach..our squad is ok at the moment

Anyone saying we need 5 or 6 more players is plain wrong.

I’d say we NEED one - a 4th CB, ideally a leftie. Starting the season with only 3, with one being the sadly too injury-prone Iorfa, would be a huge risk. Palmer is a decent back-up but not a CB. We can’t start a 352 season with 3 CBs on the books.

A bonus would be a 3rd CF to cover for Gregory or Smith. Relying on two non-strikers as cover, Paterson and Windass, could leave us wanting. 

Clubs like Derby, in the position they are in, sign players like this. Like many big clubs, like us, they could be guilty of thinking this league is a breeze. It isn’t. It’s very tough. 

• Like 1

Mendez Laing just simply didn’t do enough for me to earn a new deal? Showed in glimpses wot he could do but no consistency at all. Now he might go to derby and rip league up it’ll be the typical Wednesday thing to happen, but I’d say he’ll do wot he done here . Done it all his career 

• Like 4