Pre Season Friendly Announced.

19 minutes ago, room0035 said:

We need decent level teams to get match fitness and sharpness.

Playing 3 games over 4 weeks then going into the season and having to play 7 or 8 games in 4 weeks.

you just know we are going to pick up injuries because the players are not match fit, and drop points because they are not match sharp.

Preseason results dont matter, its the games in the legs and with our current schedule we are going to be under cooked come the first game of the season. In comparison Portsmouth are playing 7 first team friendlies and a training camp in Spain.

The only ones announced are the ones where spectators are allowed there will be games behind close doors 

2 hours ago, room0035 said:

Sheff Utd are playing 3 Yorkshire Derbies as well as games against Lincoln Mansfield and Burton not glamour ties but decent standard teams.

Could we not have organised a game against Chessy, Donny or even Sheff Utd, they have a training camp in Portugal too!!!

It just feels that yet again there is little or no structure in place at the club in key areas.

Yorkshire derbies? lol

Yorkshire border must have been extended South and East. 

1 minute ago, bradowl said:

Yorkshire derbies? lol

Yorkshire border must have been extended South and East. 

Sorry!!! I  didn't read the post properly. 

Them fans will be singing your the poo of Sheffield to them. :tango:

1 hour ago, alanharper said:

It's away

And we'll probably still have nearly as many fans there as Wigan

wigan had about 300 behind there goal for the league game i predict attendance of 2500 ,1000 wigan and rest us.  not into pre season games ,would have gone to places like york ,ayr etc id defo do harrogate but last train is just before when game ends and dont fancy driving and unable to have a drink. 

11 minutes ago, morganowl said:

would have gone to places like york ,ayr etc

I thought a pre-season game at Ayr would have been nailed on

Still, we could always invite Lee Bullen & co down here for a game and let everybody in for free   lol

Guest Mcguigan
5 hours ago, Bassetts Allsorts said:

Deary me! On the pre-season Richter scale this uninspiring fixture must sit bottom? 

They may think the same. 

On 01/07/2022 at 16:38, alanharper said:

I thought I'd read we were playing at Ayr and Motherwell, was this made up or did we scrap it and decide to go to Portugal instead?

We were, even Lee Bullen thought we were, problems with accomodation availability for players along with training facilities put paid to it. 

I was looking forward to going myself.