1974/75 worst season ever?

Think we were relegated Easter weekend - remember watching another 1-0 home defeat to Millwall - don’t think we mustered a real shot and their centre forward was the noisy ‘Leatherhead Lip’ - a fella who achieved some fame in a prior cup run with the non leaguers which ended in round 5 ?  at Leicester. We were very poor probably something to do with the wide stripe and blue shorts 

15 hours ago, Utah Owl said:

That was the lowest at that point. Following season we only got 6,900 odd against Colchester!

If my memory serves me right, that remains the worst game of football I have ever seen.  A 1-0 victory for Wednesday courtesy of an own goal from outside of the penalty box.  Awful, awful game, the loudest cheer of the day being the announcement of United getting a 5-0 thrashing at Spurs.

59 minutes ago, 1960Owl said:

If my memory serves me right, that remains the worst game of football I have ever seen.  A 1-0 victory for Wednesday courtesy of an own goal from outside of the penalty box.  Awful, awful game, the loudest cheer of the day being the announcement of United getting a 5-0 thrashing at Spurs.

I'm almost certain that Phil Henson scored our goal. 

Although not a great performance results did pick up after this, following home game we beat Crystal Palace who were doing well 1-0 in front of 12,000. 

56 minutes ago, bradowl said:

I'm almost certain that Phil Henson scored our goal. 

Although not a great performance results did pick up after this, following home game we beat Crystal Palace who were doing well 1-0 in front of 12,000. 

Sorry, I wasn't very clear, I was talking about the  game in the 75/76 season V Colchester on 27th March which was very sparsely attended.

10 minutes ago, 1960Owl said:

Sorry, I wasn't very clear, I was talking about the  game in the 75/76 season V Colchester on 27th March which was very sparsely attended.

You are right mate about it being sparsely attended, according to the records the attendance was 6,905. Still at least we avoided relegation to then Fourth Division as has previously been mentioned.

4 hours ago, 1960Owl said:

I think that's the game I'm talking about, took my brother to his first ever game at Hillsborough. 

Previous midweek we got beat 3-1 by Chesterfield and we was absolutely dreadful that night.