1974/75 worst season ever?

I can't remember which season was worse now, 74/75 or 75/76

But they were the worst two seasons I remember as a Wednesdayite and I'm 63

In one of those seasons, from January to the end of the season we scored 3 goals or something like that, my memory plays tricks

I remember we used to cheer corners as if we had scored, and we didn't get many of those either

Me and my mate would often go on the Leppings Lane end back then, mainly because my mate fancied a lass in the kiosk

He'd spend most of the game around the back chatting to her

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

Just now, Mike Hunt said:

I was at the Southend game , it was like we had won the European cup at the end 

players being idolised at the final whistle even though we had just avoided going into the 4th division in our history 

That's my recollection of it mate, avoiding the drop to the then Fourth Division was success so we all went crazy. 

Good days.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Owl said:

I remember these days has it was yesterday !  I’ve got some fabulous memories of our dark days, but there is one thing, the Wednesday bond among fans was just has massive as it is today !!

#uto 

Me and my mates started going to away games round about 1975. It was the laughs that I remember, certainly not the football.

Turning up in our thousands and taking over places like Bury, Grimsby, Mansfield and Lincoln. They had never seen away support like it.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, parkfieldowl14 said:

was Ken Knighton the manager in the 1974/75 season ? cause i'm not sure on that. 🤔

Ken Knighton was only ever our caretaker manager for just 1 game. The 1-0 win over Chesterfield on 8th October 1977 which was one of the most momentous days in our history!

I'm sure plenty of others in this thread can explain exactly why.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Utah Owl said:

Ken Knighton was only ever our caretaker manager for just 1 game. The 1-0 win over Chesterfield on 8th October 1977 which was one of the most momentous days in our history!

I'm sure plenty of others in this thread can explain exactly why.

Cheers.I Think its been more or less answered now. Was there a pitch invasion after the final whistle because me and my uncle left at least a couple of minutes early.

3 hours ago, Daniele Giovanni said:

Even the programmes was bad

The fun part about the program was they did different colours.   Blue, Orange, Purple - 

The best programs of that era were a couple of years earlier (73/74 perhaps) with a player photo inside.  Still have a full set of that series...

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, parkfieldowl14 said:

That's got me thinking a bit, Anyone remember those National Inserts in the SWFC Programmes from 1981/82 onwards🤔

Yes, I've still got some of those. I remember lots of articles on Spurs and players like Trevor Brooking and Glenn Hoddle. The club ditched the idea at the end of 1982/83 season. I can't believe that's 40 years ago now.