Jump to content

1974/75 worst season ever?


Recommended Posts

Apart from a 4-4 draw v Manchester United, it was a very depressing season, went the last 17 games with 3 draws and 14 defeats, 21 points (2pts for a win), 

That was one bad 9 months, first time in 3rd division, eventually big Jack was the one who brought us back to life

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Eric McMordie came on a short term loan and ended up top scorer with 6 goals. Turned down a permanent move in favour of York City.

When things are bad I remember those days.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Kentowl said:

Eric McMordie came on a short term loan and ended up top scorer with 6 goals. Turned down a permanent move in favour of York City.

When things are bad I remember those days.

Ohh I remember now we trashed York City 3-0 our biggest win

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Daniele Giovanni said:

Apart from a 4-4 draw v Manchester United, it was a very depressing season, went the last 17 games with 3 draws and 14 defeats, 21 points (2pts for a win), 

That was one bad 9 months, first time in 3rd division, eventually big Jack was the one who brought us back to life

Bad one yes, but the 1975/76 season where we needed to beat Southend to stay out of the old fourth division and we did 2-1 Is for me the worst ever.

image.png.18cdc7bb2d55276b262aed06d7f176fa.png

  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, parkfieldowl14 said:

Bad one yes, but the 1975/76 season where we needed to beat Southend to stay out of the old fourth division and we did 2-1 Is for me the worst ever.

image.png.18cdc7bb2d55276b262aed06d7f176fa.png

Yes you are right, but I call that shitty season 2

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Daniele Giovanni said:

Yes you are right, but I call that shitty season 2

was Ken Knighton the manager in the 1974/75 season ? cause i'm not sure on that. 🤔

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I remember these days has it was yesterday !  I’ve got some fabulous memories of our dark days, but there is one thing, the Wednesday bond among fans was just has massive as it is today !!

  #uto 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, parkfieldowl14 said:

Bad one yes, but the 1975/76 season where we needed to beat Southend to stay out of the old fourth division and we did 2-1 Is for me the worst ever.

image.png.18cdc7bb2d55276b262aed06d7f176fa.png

I was at that game...horrible til the very end

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, parkfieldowl14 said:

tbh, i've no idea on that one. Somebody on OT can answer that one.

Original game postponed as FA Cup semi at S6. Owls needed to squeeze loads of games into latter part of season after postponements for weather etc.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Andy W said:

I was at that game...horrible til the very end

it was for me going to the game. Remember my uncle driving me S6 in his delivery Van with it still stinking of Fish that he delivered at Castle Market earlier in the day. WTF:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...