Wildsmith

Who’s actually shown interest in him 

the administrators?  There’s no owner or manager so where has this link come from? Who would of contacted the player 

Have derby got something like 5 registered players I know it’s not many. Maybe it’s the administrators job to get a team on the pitch and to be fair wildsmith would tick a box 

cheap and local it will fall into their admin minimal budget is of thought

and for wildsmith it will give him a year being able to showcase himself at a big club and Christ he will be showcased anykeeper going in there will be busy 

23 hours ago, fpowl said:

Who’s actually shown interest in him 

the administrators?  There’s no owner or manager so where has this link come from? Who would of contacted the player 

Have derby got something like 5 registered players I know it’s not many. Maybe it’s the administrators job to get a team on the pitch and to be fair wildsmith would tick a box 

cheap and local it will fall into their admin minimal budget is of thought

and for wildsmith it will give him a year being able to showcase himself at a big club and Christ he will be showcased anykeeper going in there will be busy 

Rosenoir or how ever you spell it is in charge of the team now, likely will keep the job after impressing as Shreks assistant. 

Administrators have to do their best to get the maximum return for creditors and service debts, playing next season is currently the most viable option for that, if however this latest takeover falls through then the chances are they will have to look at insolvency and dismantling of assets.  In this situation though, not owning the ground helps them as there are very few assets to sell so its easier to make a case for continuing operations if they have viable interest.

Im no lawyer, but that is my understanding from my doctorate in Google-fu

It could be a decent move for him IF Derby manage to get themselves sorted out.

I actually think if they do then sticking with Rosenior would be a wise move.

Wildsmith needs to play regularly, if he can do that at Derby then potentially he either gets a move back to the Championship or goes up with them, his career stalled massively here, he's not really kicked on since he had that initial run of games under Jos.

Wish him luck if he goes there though.

• Like 1

On 28/06/2022 at 13:09, Mighty Quinn said:

Hope he gets took on and has a good career, he's an Owl.

Guess he probably wants to play football and earn a wage, doesn't have to move...why not just wish him good luck and hope he does well.

14 hours ago, smhouston said:

Would be an excellent move for him.

When the takeover goes through the club will be fine, and hearing some of the players they're lining up to come in they'll be top 2 come end of the season.

No way will Derby be anywhere near the top 2 this season.

14 hours ago, smhouston said:

Would be an excellent move for him.

When the takeover goes through the club will be fine, and hearing some of the players they're lining up to come in they'll be top 2 come end of the season.

Who are they lining up? 

Dont think they will end up top 2.

As we saw not having the team fully assembled start of season and off the pitch turmoil can be a great leveller and leave too much to catch up on 

4 minutes ago, fudge27 said:

Who are they lining up? 

Dont think they will end up top 2.

As we saw not having the team fully assembled start of season and off the pitch turmoil can be a great leveller and leave too much to catch up on 

Thin James Chester and Conor Hourihane are two of the names I have seen.

The Hourihane one is strange. Would have thought he'd get a Championship move easily? 

11 minutes ago, Skyline said:

The Hourihane one is strange. Would have thought he'd get a Championship move easily? 

Not really, new owners will be able to offer decent enough wages once debts are cleared ( at reduced rate) they have a decent enough following and off-field income to be a very attractive proposition for some players

11 minutes ago, Skyline said:

Think they had multiple targets lined up including Rotherham defender we just signed? Think he decided to get sorted rather than wait? Can’t only think other players been offered decent deals on the proviso the takeover happens. Now no idea what kind of restrictions they’ll be under if takeover happens or not but would have thought hourihane and Chester would have had better offers? On the other hand hourihane didn’t play too much for our neighbours so maybe not the player he was.