Wildsmith

New owners incoming but no manager. They'll need to sign players quickly but they'll probably have some restrictions placed on them meaning no transfer fees so Joe is a decent acquisition for them under the circumstances, if he goes there. Big club in L1 with huge financial problems, sound familiar?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Honestly, it's a no brainer for Derby, they get a player with experience of championship and League 1, decent keeper with a point to prove who has dealt with adverse conditions before.

I doubt Joe is gonna get any better offers to put him self in the shop window as the number 1, Everyones going to be watching Derbys results next year as the newest "Fallen giant" if he has a good season for them, he is young enough for an Established championship club to take a punt on him if Derby dont go up and if they do he will get a fresh shot at the championship without people chanting Westwoods name every time he makes the slightest mistake.

I can totally see this happening and if it does I wish him well, I dunno if he would have cut mustard with us, but there is a decent championship level keeper in there somewhere, fresh start will do him the world of good.

• Like 7

Be our luck for Joe to get promotion with Derby ... 😳 and meanwhile .... the unthinkable for us - getting stuck in this league for another year 😢

Anyway, good luck Joe hope you get the first team football you want

• Like 1

I actually think people underestimate still how attractive a club derby would be for players in L1. 

If Wildsmith went to Derby(circus or not) and performed well, his stock is viewed far far higher than if he goes somewhere like Fleetwood (or a majority of L1 clubs) and equally performs well. 

This next move for him is massive for his career. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Beauchief Owl said:

New owners incoming but no manager. They'll need to sign players quickly but they'll probably have some restrictions placed on them meaning no transfer fees so Joe is a decent acquisition for them under the circumstances, if he goes there. Big club in L1 with huge financial problems, sound familiar?

Liam Rosenior is in as interim manager.....which could mean interim for the foreseeable at this rate.