Chey Dunkley signs for Shrewsbury

Guest I Love Coffee

He struggled to get into the groove in the latter part of the season when he came back, but was immense when Iorfa got injured and we needed somebody to step up in the early stages of the season.

Great in the air but not suited to playing the ball out.

Good luck!

Guest Jack the Hat

I hope he's happier than he looks. Good luck to him. I had high hopes when we signed him but it just didn't work out for some reason and he had his share of injuries. The part in italics is the bit I copy and paste to describe departing players. Saves me loads of time.

1 hour ago, Fablon Dunlop said:

Good for him. If not for his injuries, I'd have had him back on another contract for a couple of years.

‘If not for his injuries’? He had one leg when we signed him..surely you didn’t expect him to play 40 odd games a season

• Like 1

The injuries really throttled him back.

Real shame as well as he came across as a really decent guy and team player that loved it here.

In those brief spells where he was fully fit and up to speed, he was immense and also carried a goal threat. 

Really hope it works out for him at Shrewsbury and gets a warm welcome back.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Mosborough-owl said:

I still stand by that Dunkley is the best header of a footballer I’ve ever seen at Hillsborough. Very good signing for Shrewsbury imo. 

Christ you must be about 8

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 29/06/2022 at 11:40, Mosborough-owl said:

😂 tbf I’ve not see us at our best. Started following us  in 2000 when we first got relegated 

Rob Jones, Reda, even Madine were streets ahead of him surely? They all got goals too.