Sheffield Wednesday battling to keep hold of Gregory (Championship interest)

One of parents at my daughters school (Originally from Sheffield) is good friends with Gregory.

A couple of weeks back he was telling me that Gregory is loving it at Hillsborough and being back in Sheffield, and despite being a blade loves our fans and how they’ve taken to him.

The bottom line is that Lee Gregory has no plans on leaving. 

• Thanks 1

No way will any championship club pay a decent fee for a 33/34 striker in the twilight of his career? As good as he’s been for us money tight in the football league ( prem excluded) probably agent talk to get him a new deal ? If we seriously going to challenge this season we need Gregory aswell as the other strikers we have to deliver the goods. Gregory still a force in this league but championship not sure now ? 

I very much doubt anyone of that level is paying for a 33 year old, who will be 34 at the start of the season, who has never scored more than 10 goals in a season at championship level. 

Edited by Daizan10

4 hours ago, leftpeg said:

Depends who the interest is from, would be a loss, but at his age if its any kind of half decent team he is going to want to go as he will probably be released at the end of this coming season anyway.

Good L1 striker, and if he can get a final run in the championship at mid table level I dont think anyone would begrudge him it.  However if it's a team thats gonna be relegation battling all season I could see him staying at what looks to be a team capable of winning the league and enjoying the season.

Disagree with that 

Gregory Has a chance this year to get promoted in his city of birth I would have thought Is a much more appealing season for him than playing mid table championship football where he’s probably going to a bench Warmer 

2 hours ago, DIPPS_S.W.F.C said:

Yep I agree but,if someone came in with 300-400k,it's a no brainer..Go younger go faster,Smith is here now too I did wonder how we'd fit them both in 1st 11...

UTO

His goals will be worth a hell of a lot more to us this season than 300-400k.

why would he go? he has a challenge at swfc to get promotion ,very popular with support, lives local . if he moves prob spends most of time on bench and will have to move maybe 100 miles away ,for that to happen i think a club would need to offer him nearly double wages and then have to pay at least 500k fee. just not happening or at least extremely unlikely. 

• Like 1

Guest Jack the Hat

No way will we or should we sell him. He was pretty much unplayable in the last 10 games and is the perfect strike partner for smith. DC has proven not to be interested in selling. Wont happen.