Cadamarteri contract

9 hours ago, malek said:

I'm not saying that You are wrong, but it seems like I have been reading this same post since I first started supporting Wednesday as soon as first decent youngster emerged from our academy. 

We have always been too cautious with young players and it never worked out in our favour and we never trully developed anyone. 

I say, lets take a look at clubs that actually produce young talent and evaluate how they do it. I'm sure We will find out that their approach is much different to our.

It isn't.

You will always get exceptional talents like Rooney, Gascoine and the like who are so precocious they can hold there own at the adult game but most youngster don't have that level of ability.

Why would you push a young player to a level he can't cope with?  Would you advocate bringing a lad who is just 17 with a few U23 games behind him straight into the first team as a starter? I certainly wouldn't, I'd give him more games at U23 level, when he gets to the stage when he is much better than the rest of those players I'd start slowly introducing him to the first team. A seat on the subs bench to get used to the atmosphere, then a few minutes here and there. If he shines, let him have more minutes until he copes well then let him start a game and have 60 minutes, see how he does. If he looks out of his depth at any stage back off and let him go back a level and try him again a few weeks later.

I certainly don't advocate chucking kids in at the deep end.

There were plenty wanting Hirst in the first team but every time he played he looked out of his depth. It was only last season he actually looked a decent player. Remember he couldn't get a game for Rotherham when he was on loan and I don't think he scored that season. Don't forget he was an free scoing England international at various age levels.

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, prowl said:

It isn't.

You will always get exceptional talents like Rooney, Gascoine and the like who are so precocious they can hold there own at the adult game but most youngster don't have that level of ability.

Why would you push a young player to a level he can't cope with?  Would you advocate bringing a lad who is just 17 with a few U23 games behind him straight into the first team as a starter? I certainly wouldn't, I'd give him more games at U23 level, when he gets to the stage when he is much better than the rest of those players I'd start slowly introducing him to the first team. A seat on the subs bench to get used to the atmosphere, then a few minutes here and there. If he shines, let him have more minutes until he copes well then let him start a game and have 60 minutes, see how he does. If he looks out of his depth at any stage back off and let him go back a level and try him again a few weeks later.

I certainly don't advocate chucking kids in at the deep end.

There were plenty wanting Hirst in the first team but every time he played he looked out of his depth. It was only last season he actually looked a decent player. Remember he couldn't get a game for Rotherham when he was on loan and I don't think he scored that season. Don't forget he was an free scoing England international at various age levels.

I'm not saying lets push 17 years old as a starter, I said lets bring him in the first team, training with them while playing U-23 football and the pizza cup. Let him feature on the bench as much as possible so he can adapt to the atmosphere and first team football as quickly as possible. With option to bring 5 subs on We will be able to give him some playing time and test him against League One opposition, and there is not better motivation or opportunity to learn for players like him.

I don't know how much Eastern European or Southern American football you watch, but many teams in these leagues are surviving by developing and selling young players from their "academies" and those leagues produce far more and often better prospects than those that come through majority of English clubs. Remember that those leagues are often poor and can't offer good coaching or decent facilities, that some of those countries have less population than England have registered footballers. 17 and 18 years old start week in week out all over the World it is just that this idea is alien in England.

Bottom line is that what you are proposing isn't working for us and it wasn't working for decades and it must be scrapped and changed.

• Like 1

What I'm proposing is more or less the same as you. I said let them develop at their own pace rather than push them.

I think the first team training often has U23's along for a few weeks, not all the time but they will get a taste of what is required and start to feel comfortable with the first team players.

I doubt Cadamartari is ready for the first team yet. I've only seen clips of him playing for the junior teams so I might be wrong. He's a good player but would you drop Windass or Gregory for him?  A few minutes as a sub in a game already won by all means but I think that's where we started.