Cadamarteri contract

2 hours ago, Sham67 said:

He might have agreed, but has he signed?

Sounds like it:

“I’m absolutely buzzing.

“It’s all you think about as a young kid, signing your first contract to be a professional footballer.

“It’s a big milestone in my career and my family are proud.

“I joined Wednesday at Under-9s, it’s a bumpy road and a lot of hard work goes into it, but I’m glad I can be at this point signing my first contract."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Let him develop at his own rate, don't push him too far too fast. Let him find his feet at U23 level and then get him on the bench for the first team a few times to get a feel for it. Maybe a few minutes at the end of a game which we are winning. A few games in some of the rubbish cups. Then a loan for a month or two.

When he's ready for our first team he will get his chance.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, prowl said:

Let him develop at his own rate, don't push him too far too fast. Let him find his feet at U23 level and then get him on the bench for the first team a few times to get a feel for it. Maybe a few minutes at the end of a game which we are winning. A few games in some of the rubbish cups. Then a loan for a month or two.

When he's ready for our first team he will get his chance.

I'm not saying that You are wrong, but it seems like I have been reading this same post since I first started supporting Wednesday as soon as first decent youngster emerged from our academy. 

We have always been too cautious with young players and it never worked out in our favour and we never trully developed anyone. 

I say, lets take a look at clubs that actually produce young talent and evaluate how they do it. I'm sure We will find out that their approach is much different to our.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, malek said:

I'm not saying that You are wrong, but it seems like I have been reading this same post since I first started supporting Wednesday as soon as first decent youngster emerged from our academy. 

We have always been too cautious with young players and it never worked out in our favour and we never trully developed anyone. 

I say, lets take a look at clubs that actually produce young talent and evaluate how they do it. I'm sure We will find out that their approach is much different to our.

If we can't start doing it now with the extra subs allowed; then when? Filling the match day squad solely with experienced players with youngsters only getting to warm the bench when we have a raft of injuries isn't conducive to developing a stream of talent.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Teddy Nickelarse said:

If we can't start doing it now with the extra subs allowed; then when? Filling the match day squad solely with experienced players with youngsters only getting to warm the bench when we have a raft of injuries isn't conducive to developing a stream of talent.

Absolutely 

It is a perfect time to start getting one or two of our brightest prospects on the bench with a view of giving them some playing time when appropriate. 

One of aims this Pre season should be to see if there are any that can hold their own at this level and get develop through a first team exposure. 

We have strong and highly experienced squad that should be able to make it much easier for players getting their first taste of first team football. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, malek said:

Agreed, our approach is wrong. Other clubs send players out on loan for 6 months/ full season to fully test them. 

We need to do the same with Cada soon, just need to make sure it's the right level where he can get regular game time. I imagine conference north would be a good place to start, and see if he can bang the goals in there.

Cmon! would be nice to have a youth come through the academy and alway through to the first team and push on. Obviously players don’t stay for long nowadays but it’s certainly something we need and hopefully if the time comes we can get come serious cash for him. 

3 hours ago, swfc-dan said:

Agreed, our approach is wrong. Other clubs send players out on loan for 6 months/ full season to fully test them. 

We need to do the same with Cada soon, just need to make sure it's the right level where he can get regular game time. I imagine conference north would be a good place to start, and see if he can bang the goals in there.

Sorry mate, but can't agree with this at all.

Don't want to pin my hopes of developing and improving our best prospect by sending him away on loan to the team where He might not fit in, might get used poorly or as a cheap squad filler and with far to much that could go wrong.

I believe He is talent worth developing here, training with the first team and playing U-23 football and pizza cup. Also He should be prominent name on our bench who would get on and play when appropriate. I already wrote how quality and experience throughout our first team squad should allow us to give playing time to our inexperienced players.

In any case I believe that it is too early for him to go out  on a 6 month loan deal.

If I was manager I would look to develop Rio Shipston the same way, but his coaches decided to go into different direction and challenged him to improve and quickly if He wants to get pro contract here.

• Like 2