Hull holding out for more cash for Wilks

15 minutes ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

Only one winner here and that is Wilks but that doesn't mean Wednesday share in the win !

Wilks might end up at a club he doesn't want to stay with not getting much game time, how is he the one winner in all this?

He might also be paid less at Hull than if he came here.

TBH if a club makes an offer that is unacceptable then it is usually turned down immediately, not after several weeks during which the player has been allowed to discuss terms with the prospective buyer. I think Hull have changed the goalposts on this one.

It also sounds like they now want considerably more cash. If so, I suggest we move on to other targets.

• Like 3

No one had heard of him two weeks ago. It’s a buyers market to a large extent. Apart from parachute clubs, no one is paying fees. It is clearly their ploy to get other clubs interested and create a bidding war. Let it play out while investigating other options. We need a forward with pace, if it isn’t Wilko, we will find someone else comparable.

• Like 1

On 27/06/2022 at 19:58, OWLERTON GHOST said:

Hey up MG how you doing pal?

Fine thanks, OG, and I trust that you remain also in fine fettle!

Just back from a few days in Vienna... The Austrians... great bunch of lads (although none of them could remember Atdhe Nuhiu playing for Rapid Vienna)

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Musn't Grumble said:

Just back from a few days in Vienna... The Austrians... great bunch of lads (although none of them could remember Atdhe Nuhiu playing for Rapid Vienna)

That's the thing about warriors MG  

They do the hard work and often go unnoticed.......

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Musn't Grumble said:

How was Vienna btw? 

Got a hotel booked there in January for our 10th Anniversary. 

Always wanted to go to the park used in the bond film

1 hour ago, elyowl1 said:

How was Vienna btw? 

It's really nice... Take the hour long horse and carriage ride (all the tourists do it) and you will see most of the old town that way. There's plenty to do if you like museums... the Spanish Riding School should be back from holiday in January... and, if you like Mozart and classical concerts, you'll enjoy the gig at the Golden Room (this is the place where the annual New Year Concert comes from). Not much remaining from "The Third Man"... never heard the "Harry Lime Theme" once whilst we were there!.. but that's hardly surprising given that the backdrop to the film had to be bombed to bits for a year or two to get the scenery right.

On the other hand, there are plenty of bars and restaurants. Beer is mainly the locally produced Gosser... drinkable but nothing outstanding. Only thing to remember is that you need a face mask on public transport. Other than that, it's open season.

The people are great... they have a good sense of humour, after all, they named their city after Rigsby's cat.

However, I can't guarantee much of a football conversation from the locals... the taxi drivers support Besiktas and the Rapid Wein fans can't remember Adhte (as already mentioned). Rapid get gates of around 12,000-15,000 and their ground is outside the city so they are bit like Toytown in that respect.

Have a great time!

• Like 2

On 27/06/2022 at 23:10, Pieman said:

No one had heard of him two weeks ago. It’s a buyers market to a large extent. Apart from parachute clubs, no one is paying fees. It is clearly their ploy to get other clubs interested and create a bidding war. Let it play out while investigating other options. We need a forward with pace, if it isn’t Wilko, we will find someone else comparable.

I agree with this, I am not too upset as I would consider Wilks behind Gregory, Smith and Windass so I don't really think we should be paying any money for a 4th choice striker.   There does not seem to be any other interest in the player, we should move on as I agree we could get someone comparable, bizarre move by Hull if you ask me..

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, catdog1121 said:

I agree with this, I am not too upset as I would consider Wilks behind Gregory, Smith and Windass so I don't really think we should be paying any money for a 4th choice striker.   There does not seem to be any other interest in the player, we should move on as I agree we could get someone comparable, bizarre move by Hull if you ask me..

I don't think he will be considered as a 4th choice striker

27 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

I don't think he will be considered as a 4th choice striker

Who would you put him infront of?   Gregory who despite being a bit injured scored what was it like 15 goals in like half a season, Smith who scored what 20 odd goals last season or Windass who despite us getting a big offer we rejected

• Like 1

Just now, catdog1121 said:

Who would you put him infront of?   Gregory who despite being a bit injured scored what was it like 15 goals in like half a season, Smith who scored what 20 odd goals last season or Windass who despite us getting a big offer we rejected

Its not a question of putting in front of more who fits the opposition, and also with additions of five subs tactically its going to change the game.

Interesting that no other clubs have come in for Wilks yet. Of course if Hull are expecting 400-500k that would rule out just about every L1 club and he hasn't done it so far at Championship level.  Still in effect two months of the window left, however.

8 hours ago, elyowl1 said:

How was Vienna btw? 

We went to Vienna in 2017

It mean't nothing to me

• Haha 2

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

How was Vienna btw? 

Actually it was very nice

We did a city hopper, 3 nights in Prague, then 3 nights in Vienna

I preferred Prague, the wife preferred Vienna

If you go on the tram there, don't forget to validate your ticket

• Like 1

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

3 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

Actually it was very nice

We did a city hopper, 3 nights in Prague, then 3 nights in Vienna

I preferred Prague, the wife preferred Vienna

If you go on the tram there, don't forget to validate your ticket

Typical Sheffielder goes to a new city and his abiding memory is Tram Tickets

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

How was Vienna btw? 

Expensive poohole imo..went with England a few year ago...just go to Prague..it looks like Vienna but it’s about a thousand times better

• Like 1