When can I buy last seasons home shirt at a discount?

Guest Jack the Hat

I normally buy them when they are cheap to go jogging in. In the glory days when we they used to turn up late and we ordered way too many and therefore have loads left at the end of the season they would go down to 30 then 15 quid. Not sure how this will work now we have a proper kit manufacturer and don’t have a warehouse full I of them left over! That said I doubt I will buy one of these as they are both awful awful shirts. Can’t wait to see the back of them!

6 minutes ago, Jack the Hat said:

I normally buy them when they are cheap to go jogging in. In the glory days when we they used to turn up late and we ordered way too many and therefore have loads left at the end of the season they would go down to 30 then 15 quid. Not sure how this will work now we have a proper kit manufacturer and don’t have a warehouse full I of them left over! That said I doubt I will buy one of these as they are both awful awful shirts. Can’t wait to see the back of them!

Was it you at Glastonbury?

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

I don't think they're selling them at discount anymore, a company buys them at discount and then sells them making a small profit on each shirt. 

Not sure how true this is but its what I was told towards end of last season. 

This is why all other shirts from previous seasons suddenly disappeared from club shop during last season. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Beighton Owl 87 said:

I'm guessing with season being less than 5 weeks away and last seasons kits still being full price that we'll stick with what we've got.

I remember when we used to keep each kit for two seasons, alternating which one was changed each summer.

I always did think the switch to changing both each season was just a ploy to rip off fans.

• Like 2

surely they wont be doing new shirts last minute before season starts . and are we all getting new season cards? need to be sent out much quicker than lasts season where many had to go to club show to get emergency tickets for 1st 2 games due to been posted out 4 days before 1st home game , and most of us have a vey slow postal system ,anything upto 7days 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, bradowl said:

I don't think they're selling them at discount anymore, a company buys them at discount and then sells them making a small profit on each shirt. 

Not sure how true this is but its what I was told towards end of last season. 

This is why all other shirts from previous seasons suddenly disappeared from club shop during last season. 

Bang on. 

Will all be sold to online companies like m&m direct. 

2 hours ago, bladeshater said:

Wrong new kits are here waiting photo shoot to be done 

1 hour ago, ThisCityIsOurs88 said:

I spoke to someone in the megastore today on the phone and they confirmed we are having new kits 

Thanks that's good to know. Normally I'm not too fussed but this year I'm wanting to get my lad his first kit and hopefully in time for the first game of the season 🤞

• Like 2