Liam Palmer -Instagram

1 hour ago, catdog1121 said:

Yeah but bet Rotherham wont let them train with them...  Seems a bit petty but I can imagine DC doing the same in a similar situation...  Few days wont make a massive difference..

Probably still doing the gym work the others did last week and can join in training on Friday, if it's the case that Rotherham are being obtuse.

5 hours ago, Is That It said:

he also said the 2 Michaels aren’t allowed to train till 1st July. Probably sounds like somebody (probably Rotherham) are holding up the registration till the end of the month.

Sounds like one of the most tinpot moves imaginable.

10 hours ago, Barnsleyowl1996 said:

Thought that was the case with smith and ihikiwe. Annoying the Portugal games are behind closed doors as im

over in Portugal the week Wednesday are there . Hopefully it’s a small ground and I find out few hours before to stand on a hill and watch lol

It is a small ground, but it has a perimeter wall running around it. However, there is a hill about a 100 meters away from the stadium where you might be able to view the game.

I know it was a tongue-in-cheek comment, but I think if you turned up, there would be a chance you could see the game to some extent.

5 minutes ago, ChapSmurf said:

It is a small ground, but it has a perimeter wall running around it. However, there is a hill about a 100 meters away from the stadium where you might be able to view the game.

I know it was a tongue-in-cheek comment, but I think if you turned up, there would be a chance you could see the game to some extent.

To be fair mate not a bad idea . Who we playing like ?

If they are insisting that the Two Michaels* cannot train with their new club, Toytown should uphold their part of the contract and make sure that they train with them.

(* - One of the best acts I have ever seen on Britain's Got Talent) 

1 minute ago, Musn't Grumble said:

If they are insisting that the Two Michaels* cannot train with their new club, Toytown should uphold their part of the contract and make sure that they train with them.

No! Please give them a few days of extra rest instead of a week of insult! 

2 hours ago, Barnsleyowl1996 said:

To be fair mate not a bad idea . Who we playing like ?

I dunno. I'm back in Elsecar now lol

I'm fairly sure there will be other English teams training in Portugal, but whether it's a little too early for any Portuguese teams for a pre-season friendly, I'm not sure. I don't know how the World Cup is affecting their league start dates.

The only thing is, with the games being behind closed doors, I'm not sure where they will be played. The team could be staying further west, out towards Lagos, or possibly at Browns - although the academy tends to go there. All the facilites they use have pitches of course, so they could well be playing at the training camp and not using local stadia.

38 minutes ago, ChapSmurf said:

I'm fairly sure there will be other English teams training in Portugal, but whether it's a little too early for any Portuguese teams for a pre-season friendly, I'm not sure. I don't know how the World Cup is affecting their league start dates.

The only thing is, with the games being behind closed doors, I'm not sure where they will be played. The team could be staying further west, out towards Lagos, or possibly at Browns - although the academy tends to go there. All the facilites they use have pitches of course, so they could well be playing at the training camp and not using local stadia.

Not sure where we are planned to stay however there is a new national sports centre in Lisbon which is a bit like St George’s Park. I know a few other teams are heading there.

48 minutes ago, Is That It said:

Not sure where we are planned to stay however there is a new national sports centre in Lisbon which is a bit like St George’s Park. I know a few other teams are heading there.

Good point. I did assume the Algarve as historically they've gone there before.

What's the new sports centre? Is it north of Lisbon?

1 hour ago, ChapSmurf said:

We will see pal. If I don’t get to watch it be reyt I’ll be in Portugal on the beers instead 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Drewswfc said:

Eeeerrrrrrr Cuss they're going to watch Wednesday in pre season and it doesn't look like there's any games

But Wednesday have broadcast it as an in house training sessions no mention from the club of any games how can any fan be disappointed 

9 minutes ago, Drewswfc said:

Eeeerrrrrrr Cuss they're going to watch Wednesday in pre season and it doesn't look like there's any games

I have done Portugal definitely 4 maybe 5 times Ireland Malta Slovenia and Germany holland but they were always put out as pre season tours this one isn't not saying a game maybe arranged but this is different