Liam Palmer -Instagram

Liam tends to do live sessions as he’s doing his 10k runs for Jude. Great cause by the way and donate if you can.

anyway he’s just done a chat and has said that most pre season games this season are behind closed doors. He mentioned Chesterfield and 2 games in Portugal were behind closed doors.

he also said the 2 Michaels aren’t allowed to train till 1st July. Probably sounds like somebody (probably Rotherham) are holding up the registration till the end of the month.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, Is That It said:

Liam tends to do live sessions as he’s doing his 10k runs for Jude. Great cause by the way and donate if you can.

anyway he’s just done a chat and has said that most pre season games this season are behind closed doors. He mentioned Chesterfield and 2 games in Portugal were behind closed doors.

he also said the 2 Michaels aren’t allowed to train till 1st July. Probably sounds like somebody (probably Rotherham) are holding up the registration till the end of the month.

There under contract it's that simple 

• Like 9

7 minutes ago, bladeshater said:

There under contract it's that simple 

So is heneghan and stockdale? They been at training ground? And done interviews, probably different contract stipulations like you said 

• Like 1

Just now, Mick70 said:

So is heneghan and stockdale? They been at training ground? And done interviews, probably different contract stipulations like you said 

I think most clubs in that situation just let them crack on. They are not part of their plans and it’s just like waiving some notice at work. But obviously Rotherham aren’t happy 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Bluesteel. said:

I think most clubs in that situation just let them crack on. They are not part of their plans and it’s just like waiving some notice at work. But obviously Rotherham aren’t happy 

2816C041-2CE0-4328-B809-613F4B046AD0.gif

• Haha 5

6 minutes ago, helmut_rooster said:

Exactly, nothing stopping them going to Bannatynes until July though 😁

You’d hope that we’ve done Medicaid so we know where they are at. Then give them a plan they can execute at the gym until we get hold of them. 

17 minutes ago, Bluesteel. said:

I suspect insurance considerations also come into it.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Is That It said:

Contracted to Rotherham so training with us technically would be breach of contract. I guess ,given the circumstances, we didn't  think that a polite request for him to be released early would be well received.😀

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Is That It said:

Hmmm.  What happens in Portugal stays in Portugal.  Maybe the two Michaels could join the group as guests of the club - strictly with a view NOT to train with their future team mates.    

7 minutes ago, Teddy Nickelarse said:

Contracted to Rotherham so training with us technically would be breach of contract. I guess ,given the circumstances, we didn't  think that a polite request for him to be released early would be well received.😀

Yeah but bet Rotherham wont let them train with them...  Seems a bit petty but I can imagine DC doing the same in a similar situation...  Few days wont make a massive difference..

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, catdog1121 said:

Yeah but bet Rotherham wont let them train with them...  Seems a bit petty but I can imagine DC doing the same in a similar situation...  Few days wont make a massive difference..

I just think its a case of pragmatism all round. Can you imagine the atmosphere given how things transpired? I'd guess that Rotherham don't want them there, the players wouldn't want it and I doubt we'd be keen to risk them getting injured there either.

I expect that they'll  have been given a program to work to by our fitness team and they'll be with the rest of the squad on Friday. No real issue.

• Like 1

Moore mentioned wanting a game infront of the fans at Hillsborough didn’t he? 

To be fair considering the early start this year they can play behind closed doors for me. It’s only 5 weeks until the season starts anyway. 

• Like 1