Darren Moore

Just now, The coach said:

Take those splinters outa yer arse..just give us your opinion,,,do you think he will get us up...or do you think he will fall short...again

i dont know ..... he's signed new  players ive seen maybe once or twice until ive seen them over a period of time  i cant pass judgement .........he was a bit hit and miss with signings last season and nearly got us over the line so hopefully this season he'll get the job done ....... we are very different in our views   but i can assure you i have no splinters in my arse .

3 hours ago, Willow Owl said:

Did well to get us to 4th after all the turmoil on and off the pitch. Had a massive injury crisis in defence and was forced into playing players out of position, which also reduced our tactical options through the season. When we got players back from injury we were promotion form.

He never bottled it against Sunderland, we were simply beaten by the better side over 2 legs. Taking into account the number of new players we brought in loans / frees etc we did really well to finish were we did. 
Now we are recruiting well in areas we needed to strengthen and that is down to Moore and Chansiri. 
The only irrational fans are those that want Moore out or think we underperformed last season. 
UTO

Bottom line is he’s failed his primary objective both seasons so far. He can’t afford a third failure. Everything else is a bit irrelevant, finishing 3rd in league 1 and failing in the play offs yields the same outcome as finishing 20th.. another season in the wilderness.

I hope I’m wrong but not seen anything to suggest he can guide a team to autos, his methods/tactics/selections lead to inconsistent results. I think we have a tough ish start first 10 games so if he gets off to a storming start then maybe he can actually get autos but if not then he’s under pressure 

Some good posts here and the overwhelming sentiment is we all absolutely want Moore to do the business. 

No excuses though next season, high expectations. Even the play offs is a failure for me. 

Good luck Darren Moore. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Brad_owl said:

Where do we all stand with Darren?

Im not a fan at all however i really wish him the best of luck with next season. I am really willing him to succeed and give us a promotion that we deserve. 

He is great at picking players, he seems to be a good manager but for me seems to lack to tactical nouse and ability to change games that good managers have. This along with the fact he seems to like players playing out of position rather than acquiring the players to fit the formation.

All said i wish Darren and his team the best of luck. Do us proud. 

With the tactical side I think it's down to him having the players he saw to fit requirements.

Last pre season, lots of players in, some probably gambles because of availability and I think the selection shuffling is partly not having/knowing the type of players required for all the positions (was essentially trying to sign a full team in one go which he would have to be lucky to hit on and let's face it we were so close to auto promotion).

As we've seen so far this pre season, his targets have been more focussed and specific with more knowledge and understanding of personnel.

It's been said before you can't rebuild a team in one transfer window, let's hope this period is a big step towards it...

Edited by slinger208b
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, Brad_owl said:

Some good posts here and the overwhelming sentiment is we all absolutely want Moore to do the business. 

No excuses though next season, high expectations. Even the play offs is a failure for me. 

Good luck Darren Moore. 

Ditto..

Just now, Kevin Pressmans Pen said:

Bottom line is he’s failed his primary objective both seasons so far. He can’t afford a third failure. Everything else is a bit irrelevant, finishing 3rd in league 1 and failing in the play offs yields the same outcome as finishing 20th.. another season in the wilderness.

thats a fair assessment he nearly kept us up and nearly got us up but he didnt .......he needs to deliver this season ,2 windows and another in january and if he doesnt  then he's then he's a goner . 

I love how he walks like his spine is fused to his arsebone but then next minute you see him crouched down.

I've never seen the transition so wonder if he uses a car jack to get up and down?

As a manager this is a guy with a long term plan and he's brilliant at selling the club to players plus we had best home record last season.

So I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt even if he does walk like Robocop who's not had an oil change in ten years.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

He will get us automatic promotion this season. 

Following season when we are 10 points clear in championship with 3 games to go Man City will come and poach him when Pep retires after winning every trophy during the season. 

We'll start the usual merrigoround of whose our next manager. 

Thoughts? WTF:

On a scale of great, good and bad, he’s currently a good manager.

A great manager would have kept us up in the championship or promoted at the first time of asking.  

He got us in the top 6, which he was also doing at WBA and Doncaster so that’s a good achievement for his first 3 jobs in management.  But he needs to deliver something now to make a step forwards in his reputation and not backwards 

I think we will benefit from the stability of another year with DM at the helm. Last season we had so many changes in playing personnel. 

I think after the outgoings we have the basis of a very good team at this level. We have signed some good players, many of which are in their prime and also fixing issues we had. 

For me top 2 is what success looks like for DM this year. Hopefully we are starting to turn a corner.

Think everyone is behind him, he seems like one of the genuine good blokes in football and has a real likeable personality that a lot of managers struggle to have. BUT, a likeable personality can only get you so far and if he's messing about with formations and personnel 3 months into the season and we're outside the playoffs, i'll be calling for his head. He stumbled across a formation last season that he didn't really want to play but had no choice, and it works. That's the formation we should be sticking with, we have 2 good centre forwards and both should be playing, we have 2 good wing backs who should be playing and we have 5 good centre mids, 3 should be playing. Changing formations and shoe horning players should be a massive no for DM, so playing wingers at wing back and wingers up front is something we should never have to see with this squad depth, i just hope the signing of Wilks doesn't over complicate things and tempt DM into trying something new.  

12 hours ago, Willow Owl said:

Over the season our record against the other teams that finished in top 6

Won 6

Drew 1

Lost 3

Suppose Moore must have also schooled some of the top 6 then ?

That's the trouble wi' facts...you can use them to school some of haterz on here lol

Guest Willow Owl
11 hours ago, stanningtonowl said:

I’ve supported him but lots had us on a plate and figured out after the first few minutes. Fingers crossed he’s developed this next season. 

Can’t have been lots though, we finished fourth.