Darren Moore

Guest Jack the Hat
24 minutes ago, Willow Owl said:

Interested to see which managers you thought schooled him last season. 

Can’t be bothered to go through them all but obviously Neil in the play offs and Appleton in both Lincoln games to mention 2 average championship managers.

Guest Jack the Hat
16 minutes ago, Steelman said:

Ainsworth 

Neil

Lowe

Appleton

Maher

For starters.

Cheers - saved me a job. 

31 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Oh I like him wish he would stop crouching down though, but that might be generational thing. 

It's only so he can talk to Barry eye to eye.

Sh!thousery aside, love the guy. Even during the first half of last season I didn't want us to do the Wednesday thing and fire him at the first sign of trouble, by the end of the season all was forgiven. A shame we didn't get over the line but things coud have been far, far worse and he deserves a lot of the credit for that. For a team at our level he is exactly what we need.

2 minutes ago, Willow Owl said:

How did they school him, none finished above us across the 46 game season. 

Sunderland beat us in the playoffs, but certainly didn’t school us.

You're wasting your time. 

Some fans hate him, will always hate him and will never give him any form of credit no matter what he does. 

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, ArMozzers said:

Sh!thousery aside, love the guy. Even during the first half of last season I didn't want us to do the Wednesday thing and fire him at the first sign of trouble, by the end of the season all was forgiven. A shame we didn't get over the line but things coud have been far, far worse and he deserves a lot of the credit for that. For a team at our level he is exactly what we need.

Was expecting the fans to turn on him once we didn't achieve our aim of promotion but after a shaky start with the fans he seems to have turned them around and got them well on side.

Which is nice

• Like 1

Made his own mistakes.... his job to make team gel his tactical mistakes his job to motivate the players. His job to organise the defence....... 

Despite that we got in to play offs but in a terrible league.... then we bottled it.

Alex Neil showed with a bit of organising and getting them up for it he got them up.

He's brought in players who are good for this league but will need replacing once we get up but that's then. What he does now is show if he's learned from last season.... need to be in play offs at least by end of September minimum but looking like we are still improving.... if not then he's no more excuses..... I'd say top two but I think as long as he's addressed the problems he made last season....

I know there are people on here who think he didn't do a bad job last year by ghat I mean a good job. Thing is we showed what we had in our squad in the second half of the season... we spent a lot of time watching truly awful teams play us and us struggling to play well or even to not let them walk right in and score.... it shouldn't have taken much to improve on that. It did though. Let's start flying and blast to promotion. If not get it done early and give the next guy a chance this season! 

Guest Jack the Hat
3 minutes ago, Willow Owl said:

How did they school him, none finished above us across the 46 game season. 

Sunderland beat us in the playoffs, but certainly didn’t school us.

If you didn’t see how Neil schooled him then there is no point going there . Lincoln after a hour we are winning at Hillsborough and drawing away. Both managers make their substitutions we draw at Hillsborough and lose by two goals at Lincoln .  3 points lost. At Wycombe we take the lead and are drawing but end up losing. They are bossing the game and our formation isn’t working so we take of two strikers and replace them with two strikers no formation change. Very very poor. 

Guest Jack the Hat
6 minutes ago, ArMozzers said:

How could things have been far far worse? 

Guest Willow Owl
Just now, Jack the Hat said:

If you didn’t see how Neil schooled him then there is no point going there . Lincoln after a hour we are winning at Hillsborough and drawing away. Both managers make their substitutions we draw at Hillsborough and lose by two goals at Lincoln .  3 points lost. At Wycombe we take the lead and are drawing but end up losing. They are bossing the game and our formation isn’t working so we take of two strikers and replace them with two strikers no formation change. Very very poor. 

Neil didn’t school him at all. They were marginally the better side over the 2 legs. 

Every manager made mistakes last season, Every single one of them.

Over the season our record against the other teams that finished in top 6

Won 6

Drew 1

Lost 3

Suppose Moore must have also schooled some of the top 6 then ?

Moore has had a tough job turning a losing side into a successful one. Took longer than some would like but the team was full of losers who had no fight and stuck in a rut. It is still ongoing but signs were there last season to show it’s a working progress. Signings this summer shows we mean business and I’m confident that next season will be successful. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, edwinowl said:

I like him. 
He made mistakes last year ill Admit. 
However I think he’s a breath of fresh air for the club and I enjoyed last year which let’s face it could have gone either way. 
He will be under pressure though first dozen games. 

This 100% ^^^^^^^

I think he made loads of mistakes

I think he is too conservative in some games

We should have gone for Sunderland in the second leg, but he's similar to a lot of these young managers, they've been coached in a safety first approach

But he can attract players, they seem to want to come and play for him

I hope we don't wait while January to get going again, and it's a possibility because we are bedding in a complete back line and keeper

I like the man, he's got an air of authority around him, he talks a lot of sense, he's certainly convinced Chansiri that players need to be here before pre season

I'll be disappointed with anything less than top place

He's been given the tools, now he's got to make it work

No excuses this time

Over to you Mr Moore

• Like 2

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

Guest Willow Owl
16 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Some fans hate him, will always hate him and will never give him any form of credit no matter what he does. 

It baffles me that these fans cannot see the progress that’s been made under Moore. 

1 hour ago, CircleSeven said:

I had frustrations in the first half of last season but once DM got the team playing to its potential we were excellent. He never lost the dressing room and the team kept grafting for him to the end. 

The bloke has clearly seen where we needed improvement and got it sorted ASAP. 

I genuinely fully expect us to go up in the autos and probably top. And I think a lot of that will be down to how Darren manages us. 

Let the good times roll!

Totally agree and feel the same. 

It became extremely frustrating at times and obvious what needed to be changed but eventually he got there, now I hope he goes on and wins this league. He is building a team to do just that.

Off the field he’s a top bloke too who gets involved, he’s just a likeable fella and hopefully he gets us flying. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

The obvious thing that's going to be the challenge are the sheer number of new players coming in so we'l have another 'settling in' period

Will he stick with the approach and formation / style that did so well in the second half of last season?

We're ahead of last season in terms of recruitment so more prep time in advance of the big kick off.  We've also addressed the two areas that may well have cost us auto promotion last year ;- lack of aerial presence both up front and at CB. Even with our average first third of the season I think with a Smith and a couple more genuinely aerially dominating CB's we'd have have had a really good shot at top 2.

Early doors there were, IMO, issues with gelling but also it took him a while too to a establish system/style that worked for us. I suspect that he'll have a clearer strategy now; - whatever that proves to be. There'll be tweaks from last season I'm sure and it seems as though he's recruiting real quality for the task at hand. Credit too to DC for this.

• Like 1

Big season for the big man. He's brought in players that will be the envy of many other teams in our league.  Will have the weight of expectation on him but that goes with the job.  He might not get a better chance to show what he's capable of at a club of our size again for some time if he doesn't grasp this chance.  Personally I have nagging doubts and somehow feel he won't quite get us over the line but that's based on nothing other than a feeling in my water. I wish him well and will be behind him though. 

• Like 1

Guest Jack the Hat
21 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Nobody hates him but some fans including myself have significant and reasonable concerns about his tactical ability. You don’t and that’s fine but don’t accuse people asking reasonable questions on a fan forum of hate. Hate is a strong word thrown around too freely on here. 

7 minutes ago, Willow Owl said:

It baffles me that these fans cannot see the progress that’s been made under Moore. 

Baffles me too. Equally baffles me that the owner gets no credit from some quarters too. Past disasters aside it looks to me as though DC and DM are becoming a pretty decent team.

• Like 3

Guest Willow Owl
Just now, Teddy Nickelarse said:

Baffles me too. Equally baffles me that the owner gets no credit from some quarters too. Past disasters aside it looks to me as though DC and DM are becoming a pretty decent team.

Totally agree. You can see there’s been a complete reset from the club over the last 18 months / 2 years. 
Long may it continue