Darren Moore

Where do we all stand with Darren?

Im not a fan at all however i really wish him the best of luck with next season. I am really willing him to succeed and give us a promotion that we deserve. 

He is great at picking players, he seems to be a good manager but for me seems to lack to tactical nouse and ability to change games that good managers have. This along with the fact he seems to like players playing out of position rather than acquiring the players to fit the formation.

All said i wish Darren and his team the best of luck. Do us proud. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I like him. 
He made mistakes last year ill Admit. 
However I think he’s a breath of fresh air for the club and I enjoyed last year which let’s face it could have gone either way. 
He will be under pressure though first dozen games. 

• Like 4

I love him to bits (no not in that way).

I can't remember the last time I got sat on the edge of my seat watching the new signings roll in. Both last mid season and now this one. 

Keep it up big man and take us to the promised land.

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, Kelfin Platz said:

I love him to bits (no not in that way).

I can't remember the last time I got sat on the edge of my seat watching the new signings roll in. Both last mid season and now this one. 

Keep it up big man and take us to the promised land.

This 💯%

• Like 2

He has some qualities.. man management is good and recruitment has been good last few seasons.

He bottles big games though (Derby, Sunderland). Tactics are one dimensional, team selections are irrational at times with too many out of position.

He will lead us to 4-8th again and we will have exactly the same debates as last season. Half saying we should do better and the other half irrationally backing mediocrity.

Bottom line is we needed to stay up in 2020/21, needed to go up in 2021/22 and now definitely need to go up in 2022/23. If we don’t go up then surely even his ardent supporters have to admit the appointment has been a failure 

If business carries on as it has started, we are going up this season. He knows the playoffs are not good enough. 

Love the guy, questioned a few of his tactical choices, but after a relegation, we finish fourth in our first season down here. Not bad. 

He'll fine tune the squad, spend some money and we'll go up in the autos. Simple. 

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Swfcsi said:

If Ive said it once I'll say it again ,this is why I stopped snorting hot source lol

Need to move on to Snortin' Whiskey (and Drinking Cocaine)!

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Brad_owl said:

Im not a fan at all however i really wish him the best of luck with next season. I am really willing him to succeed and give us a promotion that we deserve. 

He is great at picking players, he seems to be a good manager but for me seems to lack to tactical nouse and ability to change games that good managers have. This along with the fact he seems to like players playing out of position rather than acquiring the players to fit the formation.

Yes we need to get rid. Shocking that our manager only managed a 50% win rate last season ! We must do better !

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Brad_owl said:

He changed plenty of games. We came back from being a goal down under him more than we have done under many managers 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

Don’t always agree with the tactics and selections but with that said his hand was forced sometimes I suppose. 

He’s able to bring in some cracking players and last season we played some good stuff. 

This summer he’s getting business done early too which should stand us in good stead. 

would love him to take us up as champs and push us on again once I’m the championship. 

• Like 3

I think he’s done a good job. He’s had to manage a team whilst beginning the process of turning the ship around at the same time. Considering the state we were in when we went down I think he’s doing well. 4th place without being able to pay any fees, tying down contracts, loaning out youth etc. 

Didn’t manage promotion but did a huge number of things last year that will set us up better for the next few seasons 

• Like 5

All things considered, with the off the field mess, Darren Moore did well last season with recruitment and to turn us from a sinking ship into a top six team. We weren't far off last season, off back of a few years turmoil on and off the pitch. Last season was the first season since Carlos' first season or two where it was about the football on the pitch and not all about off the field nonsense.

At times, especially the last few months it was the most I've enjoyed watching Wednesday since Carlos' first season. Hopefully we can kick on from last season's progress and the recruitment so far looks very good for this level. Good luck to Moore, at times to be honest I've doubted him but he did well last season and this season we should have a better chance of promotion, it will be a tough league again but hopefully we'll go up this time. 🤞

• Thanks 2