Lucas Joao - Sell on clause?

Guest Mcguigan

Depends on how the transfer was structured. If, at the time we were under sanctions from the EFL, it could be that a sell on clause was omitted in return for higher up front payment and less over the term of his contract payments.

As much as it encourages social media input, we have absolutely know idea how these player transactions are agreed.

Is our sell-on clause definitely a percentage of the total sale price? I was under the impression that sell-on clauses were often just for a percentage of the profit made by the club in Reading's position (so in that case, we'd get nowt unless Joao went for more than we sold him for)...

6 minutes ago, Dooogs said:

Is our sell-on clause definitely a percentage of the total sale price? I was under the impression that sell-on clauses were often just for a percentage of the profit made by the club in Reading's position (so in that case, we'd get nowt unless Joao went for more than we sold him for)...

It varies. All the reports that I've seen including The Star) is that it's definitely 20% of gross fee in this case so we're likely looking at something like a £600k windfall.

Nice!

29 minutes ago, Teddy Nickelarse said:

It varies. All the reports that I've seen including The Star) is that it's definitely 20% of gross fee in this case so we're likely looking at something like a £600k windfall.

Nice!

Its like the Tooth Fairy has actually arrived £600k....