Lucas Joao - Sell on clause?

53 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

This, looks like he will go fairly cheaply as last year of contract and is a bit injury prone sometimes.  We need him to be sold now so we can get at least £500k. Will be nothing soon enough 

Fortunately don't think Reading have any other option. Hamstrung with FFP and need money in 

6 minutes ago, FinnishOwl said:

It would so Wednesday if we ended up having to give some money back to cover the loss lol

lol

In fairness we appear to be a bit cuter of late. Some thought we had sold the crown jewels for peanuts at the time. The reported £6m (including performance add ons) plus sell on clause is beginning to make it look like it was Reading who were rodgered.

£500k on top of the £5m we sold him for would be good business to me. Just a shame we didnt do more of these sorts of deal for players in the past when we had good offers.

sell on fees are extra moneys you get but dont budget for.

I remember Barnsley sold Stones to Everton for £3m then when he went to Man City they had 15-20% sell on fee and got £7.5m great business for them in the space of a few years.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, I Love Coffee said:

If he's up for sale at 2.5m - that is a bargain for somebody

Not me....count me out... 

I don't carry that sort of bargain cash amount of money about with me.... Its tha cost of living, energy and fuel prices that's done it I suppose..... 

4 hours ago, Leaping Lannys Perm said:

This is the most Wednesday thing ever.

Finally get smart and add a sell on clause when a promising player leaves.

Then that club goes near bankrupt and will probably accept peanuts for him.

Or we put a sell-on clause in, then the player stays at that club for years until he retires- Chris Brunt 

• Like 1