Fathi Karagumruk

Fathi Karagumruk would be a strange name, but actually they're called Fatih Karagumruk.  They're managed by Pirlo, and Ahmed Musa, the Nigerian International who was at Leicester, plays for them.

I always liked the club name Sheriff Tiraspol, though sadly they get the name Sheriff from a company who sponsors them which has all sorts of corruption allegations around it.

1 hour ago, FreshOwl said:

Thought he was our new number 9

Same here, was about to reply we don't want no Fathi's in the team. There's enough of them that are supporters, like me for starters!

• Haha 1

Seeing this thread about a Turkish club got me thinking about what happened to Joey Pelupessy.

Turns out his stint at Giresunspor was a disaster. Only started a few games for them, then mysteriously left them in March in the middle of a 2 year contract.

Now back in the Netherlands having signed a 3 year deal with FC Groningen.

3 hours ago, Basement Jack said:

Sheffield Wednesday

We are just used to it but A club named after a day of the week is bizarre really

I was at a stand-up comedy night here in Canada. Comedian on stage asked what team in England I supported. Told him all about Sheffield Wednesday. He tried to make joke saying "do they only play on a Wednesday". He thought it was funny / strange we were named after a day of the week. Gave him a bit of a history lessons on us, that it was true back in the 1800's.

Know your Sheffield Wednesday history, you never know when it might come in handy lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1