Mad ferret

Guest Jack the Hat
5 minutes ago, Bearwood Owl1 said:

Just finished 'Mad Ferret'. Very enjoyable. Loads of Owls and Sheffield references. Plus, plenty of 90s nostalgia and a smart story line. Well worth a read I say 🙂

Thank you kindly sir!

Guest Jack the Hat
12 minutes ago, stuben said:

I have almost finished it. I have had to put it down till tomorrow. I know all good things come to an end eventually, but I'm sure I can squeeze another day out Troy / Tim. Thanks for a great read.

Thank you. All reviews on Amazon more than welcome.

1 hour ago, Jack the Hat said:

Thank you. All reviews on Amazon more than welcome.

Just finished Mad Ferret. Particulally enjoyed the Sheffield and Wednesday mentions. Very enjoyable read especially for any Wednesdayite.I have left a review on Amazon.

Guest Jack the Hat
9 hours ago, millo said:

Just finished Mad Ferret. Particulally enjoyed the Sheffield and Wednesday mentions. Very enjoyable read especially for any Wednesdayite.I have left a review on Amazon.

Thanks

Guest Jack the Hat
On 29/06/2022 at 18:25, Sham67 said:

Shame. 

It is now available in the Independent Sheffield Shop in Meadowhall.

2 hours ago, Jack the Hat said:

It is now available in the Independent Sheffield Shop in Meadowhall.

Cheers, I’ve got to pop down next week.  Will pick up a copy.  It’d better be worth it.

lol

Guest Jack the Hat
1 hour ago, Sham67 said:

Cheers, I’ve got to pop down next week.  Will pick up a copy.  It’d better be worth it.

lol

Is anything worth going in Meadowhall for? Its a great shop though. It has all local Sheffield stuff in it, including lots of Wednesday stuff. Also they give out samples of local gin. Probably the best shop in Meadowhall. Definitely the best now my book is in there.

3 hours ago, Jack the Hat said:

Is anything worth going in Meadowhall for? Its a great shop though. It has all local Sheffield stuff in it, including lots of Wednesday stuff. Also they give out samples of local gin. Probably the best shop in Meadowhall. Definitely the best now my book is in there.

What's the shop called? Obviously don't need the book but sounds like it has other items that may be of interest plus with it being independent 

I saw the thread title and thought surely not…….

worked with a Jenny Wren at Portland naval base many many years ago who acquired the nickname of ‘the mad ferret’, because she went at it like one. Often. With many matelots. 

She even revelled in the nickname. 

I’m sure the book is great. Sorry that I found the thread literally an anti-climax. 

• Haha 1

Guest Jack the Hat
19 hours ago, TheGaffer said:

What's the shop called? Obviously don't need the book but sounds like it has other items that may be of interest plus with it being independent 

Sheffield independent shop. It’s a great shop for all things Sheffield . Downstairs near flannels.

Guest Jack the Hat
On 04/07/2022 at 21:27, stuben said:

I have almost finished it. I have had to put it down till tomorrow. I know all good things come to an end eventually, but I'm sure I can squeeze another day out Troy / Tim. Thanks for a great read.

Did you get to the end?

Guest Jack the Hat
On 28/06/2022 at 19:50, Mighty Quinn said:

Are you related to Jack the hat Mcvitie.

Ha , no but that’s where my name comes from. Me and a mate got stopped bu the police on our way home from the pub in the 80’s and they asked us our names. My mate said he was called hack the hat mcvitie. I found it much funnier than the policeman!

Guest Jack the Hat
6 hours ago, Kendo Nagasaki said:

What a cracking read fella

‘and I did get asked to buy beer for the Arctic Monkeys’

’where are they in the bloody front room’ 

Brilliant well done Troy/Tim. UTO 

Thanks. Glad you enjoyed it. Reviews on Amazon are very welcome. I have 99 so far- you could tip it into triple figures!