Pace

39 minutes ago, jrh said:

Pretty happy with the signings so far - on paper, I don't think we can't argue with them. 

I am still concerned that we have a severe lack of pace in the team at present. 

As much as people have turned on Mendez-Laing, he did offer us some much needed pace and another option that we needed. 

Hope to see us get a couple more wing backs in, hopefully with some pace to compete with Johnson and Hunt as well as another striker of that mould (Wilks would be great in my opinion). 

Yep i'm just assuming Moore is aware  and going to address it quickly

pre season optimism but I'm happy so far and based on their past performances he's stiffened the spine added height, now he needs pace to unlock the teams that will 'park the bus'

I’m not particularly concerned. Would be useful for games where we play on the counter, but can’t see that being necessary given the quality of the squad. Also, not much point on having a couple of fast players if the rest of the squad can’t keep up with them!

I’m sure we will be getting a couple of young loan players in as well as the permanent signings we’ve made. That’s normally a good way of getting a bit of pace into the squad IMO. To be honest though overall I don’t really remember seeing a lot of fast players in L1 in general. I guess anyone who’s fast and good is already in a higher league.