The Pigs Obsession with Us !

11 hours ago, The coach said:

Correctamondo..never understand the none entities who cant wait to tell us ‘they don’t care about utd or how they are doin’..if you live in Sheffield and don’t pay attention to wits happening at the stain you must be a bit strange...hating your rivals shud be a big part of yer lifegarymegson

It’s only really relevant when you’re in the same league competing for the same things.. then it’s hatred.

When we’re the league below them I feel embarrassed thinking about it or trying to take the p because if they balls up then they’re still better than us.

When we were above them, like mid-late 90s and 2012-17 I honestly didn’t care how they did because we were quite clearly the better side and had better things to be thinking about than their lower league results 

Guest Andy W
12 hours ago, The coach said:

Correctamondo..never understand the none entities who cant wait to tell us ‘they don’t care about utd or how they are doin’..if you live in Sheffield and don’t pay attention to wits happening at the stain you must be a bit strange...hating your rivals shud be a big part of yer lifegarymegson

While I am not obsessed with them, I do absolutely look at their score to see (hope) if they have lost.

They have always been  and will always be the City's second team, irrespective of league position. That comes and goes and the cycle is about the reverse...

The second team bit..they all know it but hate it, of course.

That's why the they are how they are...just be thankful we are not them

I’ve just gone out of my way to look at what they are doing 

And found out they follow what we are doing and even have a thread about it 

so I thought I’d start a thread about them being obsessing over us 

you just couldn’t write it,   Oh wait you did 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, shandypants said:

It's just the rivalry isn't it. Up until my mid-teens, I didn't know any Unitedites - or at least none that admitted to being so. As a young lad, I honestly used to believe that Unitedites were in someway evil.  

Definitely evil, from the dark side, shun them for they bring pestilence and division.  

• Haha 2

On 24/06/2022 at 19:59, oldtawnyowl said:

Unbelievably, since it started in June 2018, the thread has racked up over 1,950 pages and over 58,000 posts

and it's not slowing down having added another 10 pages this month.

I wonder how many of those contributors are saddo Wednesday fans... 

lol

I know that us Wednesdayites have always said that the piggie fans would rather see The Wednesday lose

than their own team win, but I never realised just how deep their obsession was.

I just peeped at their forum to see what their opinion of the charges against McBurnie and Brewster were

and noticed that in the "other football and sport" forum there was a thread dedicated to the Owls.

Unbelievably, since it started in June 2018, the thread has racked up over 1,950 pages and over 58,000 posts

FFS What a load of sad b@stards they really are.WTF:

Honours board 🏅 

Generalising here but having been in the inner sanctum of both clubs during my life I do think there is a tangible difference in the attitudes of both set of fans in day to day life. Of course it’s rivalry as rightly pointed out but from my experience it’s a bit more deep rooted and hatred filled with them. I find with us it’s a p take and ridicule  which in turn fuels their hatred. Don’t get me wrong on derby day and when they fail we give as good as we get, at least. I do think the main difference is Wednesday being the older club  and recognised a the bigger club which induces something a kin to a little brother syndrome with them.

Personally I love seeing them fail and hate every season we are below them. Rivalry. Some of the venom from some of them though is hilarious so fk em.  🙂Like I say I’m generalising and purely taken from my own experiences which is all anyone can do.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I know that us Wednesdayites have always said that the piggie fans would rather see The Wednesday lose

than their own team win, but I never realised just how deep their obsession was.

I just peeped at their forum to see what their opinion of the charges against McBurnie and Brewster were

and noticed that in the "other football and sport" forum there was a thread dedicated to the Owls.

FFS What a load of sad b@stards they really are.WTF:

You must have signed upto that forum then as I have had a nosey a couple of times and couldn’t get access to the Wednesday thread, unless you are signed up you cannot read it.