Next signing almost over the line....Happy about this?

9 minutes ago, Swfcsi said:

We had no plan B last season so getting the players in to change formation ect is a good thing 

Maximising the 5 subs new rule.... plenty of options to change a game

Hopefully we will be a front foot attacking team from the first game

TBF last year Moore was trying to rebalance the squad, so this approach is the next stage 

• Like 5

13 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Talking of which...

I only watched half,but he seems an out and out striker, a poacher........... no screamers, no mazy dribbling runs, no out pacing defence on a long ball. Not quite what i expected

Hopefully a great signing, im excited

• Like 1

3 hours ago, A47Owl said:

We once had 7 strikers. lol

Yeah and even then we still had too many of them who were too similar, didn’t truly know which of them to start, and still lacked options.

Assuming Wilks signs, I think that gives us 4 players who each have something a bit different. I think you can see obvious combinations and lineups that make sense. 

1 hour ago, bigsheff said:

It was just an observation on that line up mate, don’t get your knickers in a twist 😉 It’s not like he plays high up the pitch anyway & modern full backs attack.

It was just a comment, it seems you are the one getting your knickers in a twist

He is a disaster at full back, can't defend to save his life, just watch the penalty he gave away early in the season for pulling someone back inside the area.

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

worth a shot, decent age, looks like another tall strong player suitable for this division.

Doesn't look the most mobile and not sure if he knows he's got a right foot 🤣 Seems more in the mould of Smith. Decent option to throw on to try something different.

15 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Windass reportedly cost us around £500k.

Still, £700k for that lot vs £8m for Jordan Rhodes puts things into perspective, doesn't it?

😳

👍🏻

33 minutes ago, Baldrick said:

If Joao ends up going somewhere for a fee, our cut should cover at least £200k so sounds like a cracking deal to me

What’s the deal with Joao? If it’s a sell on clause then surely it will be a % of the profits not the fee. Given they paid about £5m plus add ons I doubt they’ll be making a profit on him if he moves 

2 minutes ago, Kevin Pressmans Pen said:

What’s the deal with Joao? If it’s a sell on clause then surely it will be a % of the profits not the fee. Given they paid about £5m plus add ons I doubt they’ll be making a profit on him if he moves 

Depends on the clause in the contract. One or two on here supposedly ITK said it was a % of any fee Reading receive.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mogbad said:

Depends on the clause in the contract. One or two on here supposedly ITK said it was a % of any fee Reading receive.

Yep was reported fairly recently, and quite definitively, that it was on the gross fee. Can't quite remember where, might have been the Star.

2 hours ago, Kevin Pressmans Pen said:

Looks like 20% of the fee, not the profit 

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/football/news/lucas-joao-reading-sheffield-wednesday-23951503

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, wakefieldowl said:

I only watched half,but he seems an out and out striker, a poacher........... no screamers, no mazy dribbling runs, no out pacing defence on a long ball. Not quite what i expected

Hopefully a great signing, im excited

On the thoroughly researched database that is Wikipedia it does say that he started out a central striker and was converted into a wide forward.

19 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Woah, woah, woah!

Don't go pushing things too far, eh?

We've got some reyt tactical geniuses on here.

:duntmatter:

Yes some even have the temerity to offer an opinion can you believe it? And on a Forum in a thread too.  The cheek….Just who do they think they are? 

• Like 1