Next signing almost over the line....Happy about this?

18 minutes ago, fpowl said:

I’m honestly baffled by some people’s concerns on here where does he fit in? We’re overloaded in strikers ? 

wow 

this is a long season, with 5 subs per game 

our squad needs strength in depth ( quality strength in depth ) to be champions 

the ability to play differently, different styles, formations etc 

and the ability to do that now with 5 subs in a game the squad needs options to do this 

I honestly think some people think this season needs a starting 11 and three subs and that’s all we need for the season the rest can be made up of average players or academy players 

we lack pace up front and out wide and we lacked Ariel threat last season 

look at wilks goals he can head, he has pace, the last time here he got goals 

this is an excellent addition and it gives the squad that age drop that so many shout about 

For the reported 200k wow depending on how this season unfolds and his impact he could be worth 5mill at the end of it 

superb addition, and if it comes off I’ll still say ( I know are massively disagreeing with me on this) another 6-8 to go 

Agree completely Wilks is the type of signings we need to be making in our situation.  Players under 24 with potential  to develop and improve us and our bank balance 

25 minutes ago, fpowl said:

I’m honestly baffled by some people’s concerns on here where does he fit in? We’re overloaded in strikers ? 

wow 

this is a long season, with 5 subs per game 

our squad needs strength in depth ( quality strength in depth ) to be champions 

the ability to play differently, different styles, formations etc 

and the ability to do that now with 5 subs in a game the squad needs options to do this 

I honestly think some people think this season needs a starting 11 and three subs and that’s all we need for the season the rest can be made up of average players or academy players 

we lack pace up front and out wide and we lacked Ariel threat last season 

look at wilks goals he can head, he has pace, the last time here he got goals 

this is an excellent addition and it gives the squad that age drop that so many shout about 

For the reported 200k wow depending on how this season unfolds and his impact he could be worth 5mill at the end of it 

superb addition, and if it comes off I’ll still say ( I know are massively disagreeing with me on this) another 6-8 to go 

He is from the Championship you know 

lol

Got some brilliant strength in depth now in the forward areas. I think Windass will play a bit deeper for us so we've got 3 top strikers battling for the 2 starting positions. Nice to have players with the ability to play all over though with Windass and Patterson. A creative number 10, couple of wing backs and CB away from the complete squad.

3 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Yep.

Moore is apparently looking for more tactical flexibility.

The signings of Smith and Wilks would make that a lot more possible than what we had last season.

Having the ability to transition between something like these two systems could be really strong, especially with a few more key additions...

131280818_lineup(5).png.7f9f1ca6e1d3e68087bf7b17aa5600d2.png

894705290_lineup(6).png.f4a6f8490a1ff9e25ef5d0f40f782b22.png

Swap palmer for Johnson & that bottom team could be frightening 

Edited by bigsheff

4 hours ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

If he can get back to the player he was then an excellent signing, if he doesn't Darren is going to take a kicking.

I'm optimistic he will.

Bloody sad news about Harry Gration RIP

Never seen him play any good  ?.

4 hours ago, IWEDFM said:

If it gets confirmed today what a week it has been. Two proven League One strikers over the line, beat off Champ interest to get Vaulks and a defender that made the League One team of the year last season 

Whatever people may think of Chansiri he is certainly backing DM

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^💯

• Like 2

5 hours ago, IWEDFM said:

If it gets confirmed today what a week it has been. Two proven League One strikers over the line, beat off Champ interest to get Vaulks and a defender that made the League One team of the year last season 

Whatever people may think of Chansiri he is certainly backing DM

Yeah you’re right. It’s his club, he can do what he wants. If they are not in the top 3 by xmas I expect Darren will be relieved of his position. That’s modern football. ( I like consistency by the way but that’s an old fashioned view of the game from an era before money was king.

11 hours ago, sheffield_dave said:

More potentially very astute business. 

Whatever the system ends up being, Windass, Wilks, Gregory and Smith is a ridiculous set of frontline options for League One. 

Maybe Moore has got the message attack is the best form of defence.

11 hours ago, sheffield_dave said:

More potentially very astute business. 

Whatever the system ends up being, Windass, Wilks, Gregory and Smith is a ridiculous set of frontline options for League One. 

We once had 7 strikers. lol

• Like 1

8 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

Just don’t play him as a wing back DM. 

He'll play left side CB. 

It's where we're lacking. Good header of ball, pace, scores goals what more do you need for a CB. Oh can he tackle? 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

You want to play Johnson at left back?

Johnson needs to be further up the pitch than left back

It was just an observation on that line up mate, don’t get your knickers in a twist 😉 It’s not like he plays high up the pitch anyway & modern full backs attack.

Still hope we stick with last seasons formation to be honest, getting the best out of Johnson and hunt is why we become so successful last season. Playing them both as full backs might not be as good for them as attacking threats. Feel like we’ll have too many attacking options now for limited positions. Smith windass Gregory wilks for a front 2 spot will leave 2 very good players unhappy. Unless we go to a 4-3-3 but then one of smith and Gregory won’t be playing, because neither of them 2 are getting pushed out wide are they 

• Like 1